Thinking of upgrading to the HD598's will it it worth it for me?

Associate
Hey guys,

I would just like to say i am in no way an audiophile just want to let you know that.
I currently have the HyperX cloud (Not II's) headset conected to my Soundblaster Z card.

I am mostly happy with the sound from this set up but i do find the headphones not comfortable to wear for more than 30 mins.

I am thinking about buying the HD598's but i am hesitant to buy them.
I have read the HD598's will be better but will a non audiophile like my self notice the difference?. I don't want to buy the HD598's and feel disappointed when i listern to them.

I know Headphone sound is subjective but im just looking for peoples opinions on my current setup etc.

Just to let you know if i do buy the HD598's they will be connected to the same Soundblaster Z Soundcard and used 90% of the time for gaming.

Thanks guys

Associate
You don't need to be an Audiophile. I'm not an audiophile and I noticed the difference between gear.

The 598 will sound more spacious, a bit more detailed with less bass presence. It's up to you if you think it's worth it. But them and return if you don't like them it's the only way you will know.

Associate
OP
You don't need to be an Audiophile. I'm not an audiophile and I noticed the difference between gear.

The 598 will sound more spacious, a bit more detailed with less bass presence. It's up to you if you think it's worth it. But them and return if you don't like them it's the only way you will know.

Hi Ryanr1987,

Thanks for your reply and info

Soldato
Really? I've heard that they are incredibly comfortable after long usage. I use a pair of HD 595's (a similar model) and don't notice them whilst I'm wearing them.

My HD598 are the most comfortable headphones I own. Super light, barely clamp and open design allows your ears to stay cool.

Just remember that when you go from a headset to headphones you lose the microphone :D

Soldato
Yes you will notice a difference and they are very comfortable. It will be a nice pleasant sensation :p

Not sure if this is against the rules or not but I plan on selling my pair soon, as I've only used them a few times since buying them and they have been in the box for a while now!

Associate
I found he HD598 very comfortable, didn't clamp as much as my 600/650. If you want to feel pressure by the Focal Spirit Classic, they clamped so much they tore my Tragus Piercing.

Caporegime
Very personal thing.
Sounds signature is much more important than value in pounds

For example I know I like a bit of bass and treble
Two 200 pound set of cans can sound awful or amazing.

I don't like neutral.
I tried a few when I chose my pair.
I went for D2000 cause they are super comfy, bassy and treble rich. Mids are recessed but I'm fine with that

Soldato
Very personal thing.

I don't like neutral.
I went for D2000 cause they are super comfy, bassy and treble rich. Mids are recessed but I'm fine with that

Good points however some people have more than one pair of headphones because they like different genres of music.

One of the reasons I like the HD598 is due to their warm sound, which makes a nice change from the bass heavy signature I usually like.

However it's still not suited to the music I mainly listen to.

Associate
Very personal thing.

I don't like neutral.

The D2000's are one of the most neutral headphones I've heard. I'm definitely with you on the sound signature aspect. I'd take a luscious tone over a superior headphone with a boring tone anyday.

Back
Top Bottom