New Headphones

Associate
Hi guys I need to buy a good pair of headphones for mainly music and some gaming as play 1 game of cs go a day. I do not have any comparison I was using a pair of cheap SONY headphones that I got from rain forest for 15 pounds so not really sure what to buy.

The music Im listening to is chart music, dubstep, rock etc so they need to have decent bass. Also if possible I would love to headphones to isolate some noise. My budget is around 100 pound +-15 if they are really worth it. I do not have any amp only on-board audio from my z87gd65.

Soldato
Sony MDR-1A

Very easy to drive (no amp needed), extremely comfortable, plenty of bass, good mids and highs that have some sparkle but are not piercing.
Comes with two 1.2m silver/OFC cables, one with remote the other without.
Oh and they look good too. :D

If you get one of the warehouse deals you can pick them up for just under a hundred notes.

Soldato
I also have the Sony MDR-100AAP and rate them very highly, it's just that the MDR-1A has bigger ear cushions and as a result is more comfortable, specially over long periods.
The 1A also has more bass and that's something the OP is asking for.

Soldato
I've just bought some of the Sony MDR-1A's.

Really nice and comfortable and a sound improvement over my in ear headphones.

I've been listening to some 320 mp3's, FLAC ripped from CD's and 24bit/96 or 192KHz on my PC or off my Sony Z5 premium. I thought I would hear maybe a little difference between them all, but I cant, lol. Is it my ears!?

Soldato
No, the differences are very close to inaudible.

If you took a 24/96 flac from HD Tracks then converted it to 16/44.1 and also 320kbps MP3, you would be pretty much unable to tell the difference in a blind test.

Once you get down to 192kbps MP3 and below, then things become a bit easier to spot.

Soldato
I have almost all of my rather large music collection stored in FLAC format on my PC. I do this because FLAC is lossless and should I want to burn CDs from them for compilation purposes, for the car or even converting to MP3 for space saving on my phone, then I'm assured of the best copy possible - not that I would ever do such a thing of course as it's still illegal in the UK. :D

Back
Top Bottom