Hamilton vs Rosberg

Associate
I personally think that Nico and Lewis can only be separated by luck and who gets into the first corner first. Nico has got a really good string of race wins going, just like what Lewis did in previous seasons and just like Lewis this makes Nico look machine like and unbeatable.

Soldato
I like the statistic that Britney has now won more races without winning a WDC than any other driver, while his father won fewer races as a world champion than any other driver.

Permabanned
My wife pointed out that Nico seems like a different person this year, no longer a whinging loser, I wonder how long Hamilton can keep calm.
Andi.

Hamilton is the better driver
I know it
OCUK knows it
You know it
The World knows it
Now whether your wife knows it, only you know that. :p

Triple World champions are refined and Lewis is far from out of the picture. Just wait a couple of months when the bad fortune is reversed and Nico starts throwing caps at his mechanics. :D

Associate
I would actually like to see Nico win the world championship this year, I think the fella deserves it. His determination is remarkable taking into consideration the amount of bad luck he has suffered. I think it would be good for F1 too. When is the last time a team has won back to back world drivers championships with both drivers scoring one world drivers championship each? 1988 - 1989 Senna & Prost...

Soldato
It's nice watching F1 for once and not having to look at Rosbergs face looking like a pitbulls arse that's been slapped with a cricket bat and a wasp poked up it.

If you can't picture it allow me to help

Last edited:
Permabanned
Maybe Hamilton not winning may help him to come back down to earth!

maybe he wants to pursue a career in music and is stuck between a rock and a hard place because of obligations to his Dad who helped him get where he is today.

I don't really listen to music or pay interest in what he may or may not have accomplished but I know he has made some songs, I maybe wrong though.

Soldato
Lewis needs to work on his starts. Hopefully he'll click and we'll see him win soon. He's keeping Rosberg honest for now but he needs to get a win under his belt to assert himself. It's early days but fortunes change over time and it will be interesting to see if Rosberg can keep Lewis in check as the season advances. I think Rosberg is showing more grit this season, he is nailing the starts and keeping a cool head out front with tyre management. I just hope Lewis hasn't gotten complacent now that he's settled in the team, he needs to maintain that hunger that younger drivers have and carry it through the season.

Soldato
People give Lewis a lot of stick for supposedly doing too much media and living a certain lifestyle, however he's won 3 world titles so I really don't think he cares.
This season, had he managed to start properly then he'd most likely have won all 3 races, it's just the poor start that means he gets caught up in the mid-race melee!

Soldato
Not sure he'd have won in China from the back of the grid...

And he did an interview with Sky at brackley and going over the data he had the best start on the grid in China apparently.

Anyway I'm no nico fan (or Lewis tbh) but he's done what he's needed to do to win. Admittedly that hasn't been a lot but you can only win with what's put in front of you and luckily for him it's been served on a plate.

Caporegime
I still have no doubt that in a straight up fight Lewis would come out on top. As he has before. If they both get a clean start and get a gap then we will see a proper race.

Associate
I still have no doubt that in a straight up fight Lewis would come out on top. As he has before. If they both get a clean start and get a gap then we will see a proper race.

Rosberg can hold his own on some tracks (usually where it's difficult to overtake), but over a season Hamilton would win, given the opportunity of course.

Soldato
I just want to see Rosbergs meltdown when he gets caught pointwise, that's some entertainment right there. :p

They'll have to keep him away from any loose hats...

Man of Honour
I'd just like one race where both cars are starting on the front row and both cars get a clean start. It's always been part change penalties or Hamilton getting hit which has ruined the battle this year.

No doubt that both are quality drivers, but I'd like to see Rosberg win it evenly.

Soldato
When Hamilton finally got into 2nd on the last race he bought the gap down from 13 seconds down to 6 over 10 laps or so, he was going to catch him by the end of the race before he was told he had a "water pressure problem".

True, but Rosberg was cruising out in front, I imagine he could have stepped it up if he'd needed to.

Caporegime
Yeah I believe Hamilton would never have caught rosberg. Rosberg isn't terrible.

I will find it amusing if Hamilton can overturn that deficit on skill.

Back
Top Bottom