Spanish Grand Prix 2016, Catalunya - Race 5/21

Soldato
I dislike Monaco as a race, but I can't see it going anywhere tbh. Way too much money involved.

Tracks don't get dropped because they don't provide entertainment, they get dropped due to funding.

Man of Honour
Monaco would only be good if they could go back to the older days, where there were no massive barriers and such the track was a little wider. Safety is paramount these days though, rightly, but it hurts the track a lot.

Caporegime
I think most of the races so far have been good largely due to the tyre choices. Wish Pirelli were more aggressive with the choices but otherwise much better than last season.

Monaco is going to be rubbish though.

Monaco is generally a snooze fest as even accidents always involve a safety car.
It is the perfect single example of how f1 is a business 90pc and sport 10pc

I will not be tuning in

Only saviour is the ultrasoft are a nice shade of magenta!

Soldato
I dislike Monaco as a race, but I can't see it going anywhere tbh. Way too much money involved.

Tracks don't get dropped because they don't provide entertainment, they get dropped due to funding.

Once again, that's a legacy from the old days when there were many and diverse sponsors. These days there are far fewer, and they're more related to non-European markets. As far as money is concerned it is the Singapore grand prix that is far more important than Monaco.

Still, there must be something in it as Monaco are unique in not paying a fee to host the race. Perhaps something to do with them being a popular tax haven within the sport... ;)

Soldato
Once again, that's a legacy from the old days when there were many and diverse sponsors. These days there are far fewer, and they're more related to non-European markets. As far as money is concerned it is the Singapore grand prix that is far more important than Monaco.

Still, there must be something in it as Monaco are unique in not paying a fee to host the race. Perhaps something to do with them being a popular tax haven within the sport... ;)

Still comes down to money "once again"

Soldato
Going to the Monaco GP was one of the best experiences of my life. Granted it wasn't a typical visit and I'm undoubtedly biased but I wouldn't want it off the calendar. It's not a track for the TV audiences.

Back
Top Bottom