Monaco Grand Prix 2016, Monte Carlo - Race 6/21

Soldato
My predictions for tomorrow:

-Rain second half
-Rosberg DNF plus hissy fit
-Hamilton first
-Riciardo second
-Verstappen to make a massive hash of coming through the field and takes himself/someone else out
-Vettel moans about something not really worth moaning about
-Kimi has an ice cream

You heard it here first

smr

smr

Soldato
The quickest Red Bull qualified 0.680 behind Lewis in Spain which is mainly an aero track. Sector 3 which all the commentators said was an indication of Monaco, the Mercs were the fastest. So what you are saying is all of a sudden on another aero track and in the space of two weeks the Mercs have lost pace. 0.68 + 0.6 in two weeks. I admit it will be close because this track cancels out the the need to have a strong drivetrain but the Merc chassis is by no means inferior to the Red Bulls.

;)

smr

smr

Soldato
This is why Monaco is a vital part of F1. Its not a crap track, its a difficult track. The margin of error is zero, yet to do well you have to push 110%.

The lack of any racing is made up for by seeing the drivers properly tested for one of the only times all year. I love playing this track in games because nailing a perfect lap feels genuinely like a real achievement.

Max cut a corner by 1cm too much, and starts last. You could miss an apex by 5m in Russia and barely notice it!

It's an epic Qually circuit, one of the best easily... but race day comes and all that excitement from watching a good qually session (as they always are here whatever the weather) can turn an average race into a completely sterile one.

There have been good races in the dry but it's difficult for the place to produce classic races.

Soldato
This is why Monaco is a vital part of F1. Its not a crap track, its a difficult track. The margin of error is zero, yet to do well you have to push 110%.

The lack of any racing is made up for by seeing the drivers properly tested for one of the only times all year. I love playing this track in games because nailing a perfect lap feels genuinely like a real achievement.

Max cut a corner by 1cm too much, and starts last. You could miss an apex by 5m in Russia and barely notice it!

The only difference between Monaco and other circuits are the barriers. The racing has been terrible for years. It is just another street circuit, and the worst one for racing *.

At least the rain might make a race of it this year. Awesome performance from Ricciardo though, absolutely awesome.

* Baku pending.

Caporegime
So yesterday during the qualifying they showed an info graphic on Sky F1 that had the a amount of parts Hamilton had used to far, one was an engine the other where what I assume is recharge units or something, but my question is this, what do these mean? Are they only allowed a certain amount of these parts? I know they can only have certain engines but one part was like 4/5 or something, so what happens when they reach these limits and need additional parts? Infinite penalties per race?

I'm not up in all the regulations with F1 as frankly they bore me to death.

Back
Top Bottom