Kvyat

Soldato
Massively harsh, I'd be well ****** off if I were Kvyat unless something has gone on behind closed doors to effectively make this a punishment.

Wonder how Sainz is feeling too? VES has all the headlines because of his aggression and age, but to be honest he hasn't done a lot wrong.

Don
Being involved in 3 high profile incidents in 2 races (1 at china, 2 at russia), I'm guessing RBR had to be seen to do something.
Regardless of who was to blame for those incidents, I would have thought after the China incident he should have cooled off and tried to stay out of trouble for at least a few races.

Don't agree with the "punishment" though, and think it would be just as likely that VES would probably have been just as involved in those incidents had it been him in the car at the time.

Last edited:
Soldato
What's worrying is how quick RB are to make changes like this... I'm sure everyone will agree Verstappen looks to be a great talent and if he has a few poor races or crashes, get rid?

I can only imagine RB want Verstappen locked down so other teams can't get to him and this is just a convenient opportunity... It being nothing more than a 'punishment' to Kvyat would be shocking.

Man of Honour
Verstappen himself has made some silly mistakes, plowing into the back of Grosjean at Monaco for example. It's really unnecessarily harsh on Kvyat and smells like RB just wanting a reason to promote Verstappen early before another team tempts him away.

Soldato
13mjeb.jpg

Soldato
Its all the poor bloke is going to be asked about next race too...

I guess the best thing he can do is go out there and beat the Red Bulls next race just to prove a point.

Soldato
Being involved in 3 high profile incidents in 2 races (1 at china, 2 at russia), I'm guessing RBR had to be seen to do something.

I see the above from a very different perspective...

At China, the incident was between the two Ferrari drivers, after Vettel left a big door open for Kvyat to accept cleanly (he did not touch another car through that corner as far as I'm aware).

At Russia, yes I think Kvyat messed up at turn 2.

But the second collision between Vettel and Kvyat was mostly Vettel's doing from what I understand, around the long left-hander, when he randomly decided to lift off the throttle through a full throttle corner when he had a Redbull right on his tail!

Don
I see the above from a very different perspective...

At China, the incident was between the two Ferrari drivers, after Vettel left a big door open for Kvyat to accept cleanly (he did not touch another car through that corner as far as I'm aware).

I'm fairly sure he didn't touch him as well, the Ferrari's did just trip over themselves, but as a direct reaction to his "move" whether it was actually on or not. The issue was that it involved high profile drivers, and then got picked up and blown out of proportion by the media - this alone you would think would mean he should keep his head down.

But the second collision between Vettel and Kvyat was mostly Vettel's doing from what I understand, around the long left-hander, when he randomly decided to lift off the throttle through a full throttle corner when he had a Redbull right on his tail!

Don't think there is 100% confirmation on why Vettel lifted, but in one of the interviews he said it was because he was unsure whether his car was damaged, but looking at some of the other footage he was avoiding a slow moving (Punctured?) Perez

e.g. Onboard with Ricciardo:
https://www.formula1.com/content/fo...6/5/f1-russia-onboard-videos-unseen-best.html

Caporegime

You mean Kvyat didn't realise that a car he just damaged by smashing into would be slowing down in front of him...

Come on now.

Soldato
Yeah, Kvyat was absolutely right to go for that move in China.
Extremely harsh move from Red Bull I think, and hope it backfires for them.

One howler of a race, does not deserve a race seat to be given away.
I like Verstappen, but this will pretty much be the end for Kvyat now. :(

Back
Top Bottom