• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Question for Gigabyte GTX670 Windforce 3x owners

Caporegime
I've got a less than stellar 670 as well.

90.6% ASIC, can't get any higher boost than 1202 :(

The memory offset will allow +800 though, so the best combination for me is +60 core and +800 memory. I get around 2000 in Heaven with this combo, if I go to +70 on the core I can only get +300 on the memory!

Temps are nice and low, card is quiet, power threshold doesn't appear to be a problem just can't get any higher on the core without a Heaven crash. Considering DSR'ing it tbh.

Associate
Seems funny to me why you would dsr it because of the benchmark score ,it is still a decent overclock and it will still play games fine ,i am not criticising you either by the way ,it is just that i have same card get slightly better overclock on core than that but i am running mine on stock settings and it is running all my games brilliantly,which seems to be the most important thing.;)

Caporegime
Seems funny to me why you would dsr it because of the benchmark score ,it is still a decent overclock and it will still play games fine ,i am not criticising you either by the way ,it is just that i have same card get slightly better overclock on core than that but i am running mine on stock settings and it is running all my games brilliantly,which seems to be the most important thing.;)

Indeed. It does seem silly in reality, but then I like to push for the best performance I can.... reading reviews, and in this thread alone it appears a 1200 overclock is poor when these cards are concerned (I appreciate this is only a small sample) Im having other issues with the card, so it's not purely (Although I admit it's the main reason) down to the overclock that has me considering a DSR.

Associate
No problem ,i understand it is nice to have a card the same or better than others ,but you are still not guaranteed to get a good one next time,could be a ongoing never ending thing,i am just enjoying mine seeing all the nice eye candy, after upgrading my brilliant old faithful 4890,playing Witcher 2 ,minus ubersampling and everything else maxed looks sweet:)

Soldato
My is pretty average too but I didn't see the point in spending £15+ returning to possibly get an even worse one.

Its only a few fps at the end of the day and the people with the real stinkers are probably not going to bother posting them in this thread.

Back
Top Bottom