What is the world coming to...

Permabanned
OP
Do you feel guilty for not having a quick polite word that could had prevented this WW2 hero from being abused? Did he fight for you in WW2 for you to stand around while pensioners get abused?

A bit, but atleast I am not sitting in a police cell.

Man of Honour
Your size and stature would have ensured you could probably deal with the abusive woman in a very calm and reasonable manner. First impressions carry very well and unlike an averagely sized person who maybe would have had to have put greater effort in to making her leave them alone your presence would have been imposing without a word. I am pretty sure a few clam words from a guy your size would have had her heading off.

Permabanned
OP
Op is getting ripped to shreds...

Back-fire thread of 2014 so far?? I think so.

The fact that you go thread to thread asking if threads are "back fires of the year" is sad alone. Threads are designed to be read and replied to, not just "judged" by people as to wether they are epic or not.

Soldato

Why would you be in a police cell for having a polite word, like "erm excuse me, he is perfectly allowed to park there. See disabled badge"

Unless you are in fact the hulks twin brother and the slight bit of emotions turns you into a raging beast, I think you would have done fine.

Soldato
Haha!

A friend of mine organised a party for the community she lives in, £5 per child £10 per parent, everyone accepted and signed up for tickets with no complaint except for one. The one complainee was a single mother with SIX children who told her that the tickets were too expensive, and as she is a single mother she expects a concession; she wanted to pay £5 for herself and all of her kids go free of charge... just makes me laugh!

Quite.

The "single mother card" is often played. Whilst I don't condone prejudging people in my experience most of the time is isn't a widow or someone who had someone leave them unexpectedly, it tends to be the 20 something who chose to have 4 kids before they exited their teenage years, realised that finding "the one" at 14 wasn't real and now want sympathy for it.

Soldato

Heck the only time I have ever been in a police cell was for restraining a woman haha. Come out of club walking to another club heard crying and checked it out. Bloke and gf arguing "so what I thought" then he hit her. So I intervened obviously didn't go well (I won end of). She starts attacking me as I "hurt her boyfriend" then police come just as I had her restrained. Thank god for cctv.

At no point when I was sat in jail did I think I wish I hadn't done it. I did the right thing regardless of her reaction.

I'm not a big or "tuff" guy but I know whats wrong.

Last edited:
Soldato
People seem to be missing the key element of the OP's tale:

The worst bit of it all was that the owners of the car next to me came out before my Nan did....and they weren't even disabled; 2 young, kinda hot looking teenage mothers

Post pictures or GTFO!

Permabanned
OP
Heck the only time I have ever been in a police cell was for restraining a woman haha. Come out of club walking to another club heard crying and checked it out. Bloke and gf arguing "so what I thought" then he hit her. So I intervened obviously didn't go well (I won end of). She starts attacking me as I "hurt her boyfriend" then police come just as I had her restrained. Thank god for cctv.

At no point when I was sat in jail did I think I wish I hadn't done it. I did the right thing regardless of her reaction.

So you agree that restraining the woman got you arrested?

What would have happened if there was a lack of CCTV?

I can see the news now for me : "28 year old giant attacks single young mother infront of her 2 children" que violins, and big prison sentence.

How would my Nan get home then?

Permabanned
OP
pure flatulence

That's not an answer to my question.

You work in Spain as an IT contractor, you spend £2000 on just a hifi system, how many bags of rice could you buy with £2000?

Don't crit me if you aren't a saint yourself ;)

Soldato
Agreed that the scenario was unfair on the old man.

Disagree that the mother character in this scenario being on or not on benefits has anything to do with the matter though - unclear on what bearing this has.

Would your opinion of how unacceptable she was acting be different if she was a highly paid professional or someone that had no job? Just interested to see if this would change your opinion / or that of anyone else actually.

Soldato
You had witnesses mate.

I was arrested as police came across a scene of some prat on the floor and me restraining a girl. Probably didnt look too good but they were quite reasonable when I explain things.

Regardless if that was the reason that I got arrested I did the right thing.

Besides maybe only in reading but I cant think of a carpark/area that isnt covered in cctv.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom