What is the world coming to...

Permabanned
OP
Agreed that the scenario was unfair on the old man.

Disagree that the mother character in this scenario being on or not on benefits has anything to do with the matter though - unclear on what bearing this has.

Would your opinion of how unacceptable she was acting be different if she was a highly paid professional or someone that had no job? Just interested to see if this would change your opinion / or that of anyone else actually.

No her behaviour was disgusting, my point is that if she is someone who leeches off society, and if he protected our country in WW2, then she is even worse.

Note that I said IF, just like I said probably in my OP, yet everyone seems to think I stated it as fact.

Soldato
You should have rugby tackled her you 6.8ft hunk and ground n pound on her, adopted her kids and called the old man, dad.

You should be ashamed of yourself for not helping.

Associate
IF someone my size and weight restrains someone much smaller and slimmer, the Police and general public see that as assault. That simple. So it is not as easy as that I am afraid.

Not true I am 6 foot 3 and 19 stone I have restrained/been involved in disputes in the street not once have I had my self handcuffed
You had the opportunity to do something and you picked the easy choice

Soldato
No her behaviour was disgusting, my point is that if she is someone who leeches off society, and if he protected our country in WW2, then she is even worse.

Note that I said IF, just like I said probably in my OP, yet everyone seems to think I stated it as fact.

I did note that you said if ;) I wasn't having a go at you I was querying if it mattered to you / what difference it made. As I said I agree that her actions were, well actually as you've put it, disgusting.

What happened afterwards anyway?

Slightly off tangent, but this reminds me of something that happened to my dad about 2 years ago. He had (note had, not anymore) a disabled badge following an operation he had, he wasn't very mobile for quite a while. He had parked in one of numerous disabled bays at the local hospital where he was going for an appointment. While walking away from the car, two younger guys basically shouted at him calling him a 'scammer' then he came back to his car keyed all the way down one side. He never parked in a disabled bay again, despite being legally able to do so, and despite not being that mobile for the first few months following the op.

Permabanned
OP
Afterwards she strolled off and they seemed to talk to each other for a while, wife comforted him and they went into the shop, still parked in the Parent bay with their disabled badge on the window.

I have seen allsorts in that carpark including once a family in a range rover parking in the diagonal yellow's in between the disabled spaces, completely blocking access to the vehicles on either side. I actually reported that to the car park staff, who did nothing about it, they didn't even come and have a look.

Caporegime
90% of users calling OP a coward would have probably done the same under the circumstances, it's just too easy to have a go at him and look the man in front of everyone else on the forum.

I think the trouble is that authorities are so overzealous and lacking in common sense nowadays that people are scared to get involved in any disputes, you only have to offend/scare someone on Twitter and the police get involved.

Soldato
It's a shame if that 90% figure is true. Wonder if the world would be a better place if we stood up to injustice.

(Not having a go at op just thinking in general).

Permabanned

No you didn't say if..

I bet she is a single mother, on benefits, probably doesn't even pay tax, and there she is yelling and swearing and bullying some defenseless old man, who looked around the age that he could have defended our country in WW2, defended the lives of people like her!, because she thinks only parents like herself are allowed special spaces.

You made an assumption that because she was a single female with young kids without a male in tow that she was a benefits scrounger.

You made an assumption just because the guy was old that he was a WW2 vet.

All these assumptions and 'what if' made your OP pathetic. No matter what size you are, if you felt the old todger was threaten in anyway you should have pointed it out to her. As after all, you are a big man...

Permabanned
OP
Even if I am at fault for not intervening - either way the comments she made would have been made and this is what the thread is about!

Permabanned
OP
No you didn't say if..

You made an assumption that because she was a single female with young kids without a male in tow that she was a benefits scrounger.

You made an assumption just because the guy was old that he was a WW2 vet.

All these assumptions and 'what if' made your OP pathetic. No matter what size you are, if you felt the old todger was threaten in anyway you should have pointed it out to her. As after all, you are a big man...

Can you not read? "I bet" and "probably" are not statements of facts. They are the same kind of word as if is.

Permabanned
Can you not read? "I bet" and "probably" are not statements of facts. They are the same kind of word as if is.

They are still poorly made judgments on a females reaction to a situation.

Remember, poor folk don't shop in M&S ;)

I lived in Plymouth for 15 years. There is plenty of parking right next to Drake Circus, and such right next to Primark...Primark is were poor folk shop afterall.

Permabanned
OP
This was in Truro.

Plymouth has completely changed now btw, I don't even think there is a Primark as an independent store anymore.

Is it a poorly made judgement though? How do you know he isn't a WW2 vet and how do you know she isn't a single mother?

Funny how a lot of families on benefits alone now shop at M&S isn't it...says something about how much money they are leeching!

Back
Top Bottom