Intel 750 series disappearing on fresh boot

Associate
So I have just installed my new drive. I am not using it as a boot drive but for some reason whern I switch on my computer the drive does not show up and I have to restart the computer and go into the BIOS everytime to get it to work. For obvious reasons this is not very ideal. I have installed the correct drivers and updated the firmware on the drive and can't think of anything else I can do.

I did try to migrate my current boot drive onto the NVME last night but (I think because of this problem) the migration software was not able to power up the one of the drives (I assume it was the new one that was the problem here). My computer spec's are below just in case that helps.

Windows 10 Profesional
Intel I7 4790k CPU
16GB Hyper X Fury DDR3 RAM
ASRock z97x Fatal1ty Killer Motherboard
Nvidia GTX 980ti Gigabyte G1 Gaming Edition
Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD
Western Digital Black 2TB HDD
Corsair RM1000 Platinum PSU
NZXT Kraken X61 AIO CPU Cooler

Hopefully one of you fine people can suggest a fix for this.

Thanks.

Associate
OP
No one have any ideas? Happened again this morning. Maybe I will have to wipe all my drives and make this my primary boot drive if its the only way to get it to turn on straight away.

Soldato
I had this problem when i first installed my 750. I did a fresh install and did not use UEFI, it installed fine but when restarted it would not find the drive. I ended up re-installing Windows using UEFI and it solved the problem. Also When installing Windows, I disconnect all the other drives as the installer can decide to put the boot record on a different drive so if you remove a drive later it messes things up.

Associate
OP
I had this problem when i first installed my 750. I did a fresh install and did not use UEFI, it installed fine but when restarted it would not find the drive. I ended up re-installing Windows using UEFI and it solved the problem. Also When installing Windows, I disconnect all the other drives as the installer can decide to put the boot record on a different drive so if you remove a drive later it messes things up.

Yea that's something I would have liked to avoid having to do. I have realised just now that I don't actually have to go into the BIOS to get the drive working but I do have to restart my computer straight away after turing it on to get the drive to show up.

Back
Top Bottom