Dell U2515H - 1440p for gaming

Soldato
I got one in the box.

So did I but having a problem with the screen so need another cable to try to rule the problem out.

Are DP cables the same as HDMI in that they have a version number or will any DP cable work? Read a couple of conflicting web pages tonight so need to get my facts right so I don't spend a small fortune on something not needed :)

Last edited:
Associate
Well I have light bleed / glow, top left corner is worse and lower left has some :( . Is annoying with the dark backgrounds I use on desktop (so using lighter/colourful ones now). Generally don't notice it in games unless it's a dark scene, then it is annoying.

Also I'm finding I'm noticing lower FPS, I like blasts on SWBF. When playing blast maps I find when there is more action on screen / movement of screen it seems 60 FPS is too low. It's not stutter as such from what I can tell. FPS is not deviating from 60 FPS TBH, I have FRTC set as 60 and V-SYNC on. It just does not seem as fluid as playing on my Eizo FG2421 @ 120Hz 1080P. I've FRAP tested matches and also used the in-game counter via command perfoverlay.drawfps 1.

Seems odd to me what I'm noticing. Until the Eizo past monitors had been 60Hz or 75Hz. I do recall feeling the gaming was sweet on the Eizo, but I never thought if I reverted to 60Hz screen I'd notice the difference.

So undecided if keeping the Dell U2515H, gonna give it a few more days with it and then try the Eizo again and make up my mind. If I revert to the Eizo I will miss the larger resolution of the Dell for desktop use, I would also miss the PPI, makes images so sharp and clear IMO.

Associate
So did I but having a problem with the screen so need another cable to try to rule the problem out.

Are DP cables the same as HDMI in that they have a version number or will any DP cable work? Read a couple of conflicting web pages tonight so need to get my facts right so I don't spend a small fortune on something not needed :)

Not all Displayport cables are equal! Ideally you'd want a displayport/vesa certified cable but I'll be blown if I can find one in the uk.

This thread recommends an Accell B142C-007B but there are no sellers in the uk seemingly..

*Ok I found some certified Accell one's but they are 1.1a.

Last edited:
Soldato
Interested in upgrading to this monitor as I'm well overdue a monitor upgrade!

Because my graphics card doesn't have enough grunt to turn up the res to 1440p for the time being, will games look awful at 1080p on this screen or does it generally look fine?

Associate
Interested in upgrading to this monitor as I'm well overdue a monitor upgrade!

Because my graphics card doesn't have enough grunt to turn up the res to 1440p for the time being, will games look awful at 1080p on this screen or does it generally look fine?

SWBF, a few times I've mistakenly played at 1080P on the Dell. Due to forgetting to set 1440P in game after having used the Eizo 1080P panel. The realisation of what res I was using in game only occurred after bringing up the monitor OSD to change brightness or something.

Back
Top Bottom