Wall mounting an Acer Predator X34A

Associate
I have a tempered glass top desk so my usual solution of using a clamping desk mount in a bit of a no-go! It seems that most wall mounts are only adjustable horizontally. Does anybody have any experience of a sturdy wall mount which is adjustable up and down as well as horizontally?

Soldato
Something like a wall mounted arm?

http://www.ergotron.com/ProductsDetails/tabid/65/PRDID/352/Default.aspx

The manual seems to imply that it'll take up to 11.3 kgs but with reduced vertical adjustment over 9kg.

I happen to have one behind my X34 but it's only got a 21" secondary monitor on it which barely deflects it on the minimum adjustment.

OTT stud wall mounting.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Thanks Bimble. That's the only one I had found and it's pretty pricey. Options are limited though and you get what you pay for I suppose! Nice to hear from somebody who actually uses one.

It's a real shame that OCUK don't stock any wall mounts which support the Predator's 100x100 VESA mount.

Soldato
If I remember when I was looking the Silverstone arms are cheaper but the reviews were mixed on Amazon almost like they have quality variation between batches.

So I was also umming a bit but found my arm on Ebay for £60 new old stock as they changed to the silver finish. If I had bought it for the X34 then the cost is in line with the monitor and don't you want that dropping or falling off due to a few quid saved!

You've inspired me to stick my 35" XR3501 on the desk and try the X34 on the arm just for a laugh this weekend.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom