29" + 4K GPU Recommendations..?

Soldato
Hi guys,

Looking at getting the following:

Iiyama G-Master GB2888UHSU-B1 28" 3840x2160 TN FREESYNC 4K 60Hz 1ms Gaming Widescreen LED Monitor

Could some one recommend a budget 4k capable GPU to team it with that has a DisplayPort so I can achieve 60Hz?

For a budget 4K setup to surf the net and watch the odd clip/short film at 4k would this suffice?

Cheers

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
There is no such thing as "budget 4K capable GPU".

Even high end GPUs normally won't reach 60Hz on full 4K (unless game is particularly non-demanding like 2.5D or top-down).

Thanks for your response.

I will not be gaming. The only 4K element will be the odd 4k movie or 4k Youtube vids.

I don't think my current on-board Intel HD4400 will cut it and my mobo does not have a DisplayPort- I don't want to be running at 30Hz

What if I didn't care about 4K and just wanted something to run the Iiyama at full resolution (3840x2160 - Only over DisplayPort at 60Hz) ?

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
If you only care about desktop, just pick any recent AMD GPU with DisplayPort 1.2 or greater support - this will give you 4K @60Hz and FreeSync.

Yep that's correct.

Could you suggest any?!

On OCUK the cheapest one I can see with a DisplayPort is the: Radeon RX 460 Red Dragon 2048MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card @ £98.00 which is on the expensive side.

Could I not use this monitor with HDMI or DVI at a lower resolution if I didn't want freesync or 4k? I probably would run it at a lower resolution as things at full resolution like text would be tiny.

Sorry- im a noob and havent kept intouch with latest developments.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom