Display Port Splitter?

Associate
I currently have my main machine connected to my ROG Swift by the display port which is the only connector. I am needing now to add a second machine to the office- mostly as a networked slave for files and stuff- but will need sometimes to see it on the monitor when making updated etc.
Is there any way for me to be able to choose between both machines on the same monitor with a simple swtich/cable etc.
Thanks in advance

Associate
I'm also interested to know this, I've been searching for a definitive answer but there are mixed results. In many cases a switch will limit the refresh rate or interfere with the operation of gsync it seems. I've not yet found evidence of a switch that will allow operating without some form of compromise.

Associate
If you only need to look at the second machine very occasionally you could possibly set it up to be accessed via remote desktop if you have windows pro. There may be some freeware remote desktop software around if not but you will have to do some googling as i have no idea. It would alleviate the need for extra hardware though!

Soldato
As above, remote desktop might be a better option. You can get KVM switches but they're not exactly cheap.

Another option apart from the inbuilt remote desktop is maybe VNC? TigerVNC or UltraVNC are free.

Back
Top Bottom