Anyone know the number to talk to a PERSON on BT?

Soldato
It used to be 150, but none of the options seem to lead to an actual person.

I want to change my billing address, but the billing options are

1 - Pay bill
2 - Tell us you've paid a bill
3 - set up direct debit
4 - Ask for more time to pay bill
5 - return to main menu

WTF??

Whatever happeded to 6 - Talk to an actual person?

*bangs head on desk*

Associate
It used to be 150, but none of the options seem to lead to an actual person.

I want to change my billing address, but the billing options are

1 - Pay bill
2 - Tell us you've paid a bill
3 - set up direct debit
4 - Ask for more time to pay bill
5 - return to main menu

WTF??

Whatever happeded to 6 - Talk to an actual person?

*bangs head on desk*

Just press 1 or 3 and it should forward you to somebody I imagine. They'll want to take some details to process a payment and you can ask them to point you in the right direction.

Soldato
I once read a trick for these automated systems was to press '00000' quickly once the options start and it puts you through to a person. It seems 50/50 as to whether it works but it has definately worked for me before a couple of times.

Soldato
Most of the time pressing nothing makes them think you're using an old analogue phone and puts you through to someone.

M.

Associate
Most of the time pressing nothing makes them think you're using an old analogue phone and puts you through to someone.

M.

That or just keep on hitting * or # and after a few times of hearing that is an invalid option it'll change to you are being conencted, doesnt work on all companies though. The other usual quickest option is the 'im leaving you' one as theyll want to speak with you to try and keep you on, though I canceled my BT a few months ago and remember it taking ages to get through.

Associate
Myself and my flatmate found if you shout "for ****s sake" then some of these menus will redirect you to a person half the time :)

Soldato
BT are just terrible end of! Back along I really lost it with them and ended up asking for a person in this country and was pretty dam peeved off. I got put thru to somebody and then things got moving.

Im really close to shifting broadband and line rental to Sky at this rate as todays bill was just stupid and only £2.38 of that was actual phone calls!

Soldato
are you sure you listened to the options correctly? i rang 150 just a couple of weeks back because BT fudged my last bill. obviously i don't remember the options off hand but i got through to a person relatively quickly.

edit: i did ring from the actual line in question and had to enter my account number as part of the automated process (if that makes any difference)

Back
Top Bottom