Mullard M8100 tubes - Thank you Ryan1987!

Soldato
2ON18UN.jpg

Wow this is the tube sound ive been looking for on my HD600 !

I was using the Voshkod 6ZH1P-EV which was transparent for a tube amp and sounded technically good but it was missing that fun thick fun treacle detail i wanted.

Ryan1987 recommended the M8100 in a previous before but ive only just got around to ordering and trying it into my Little Dot MK2.

Really thick and goey sound and superb for vocals, Bass has more thump and mids are just so lush. Highly recommended and has put a real grin on my face. Very happy with my modest setup.

E10K as dac > Little Dot MKII with M1800 tubes > Sennheiser HD600 +

All purchased second hand for just a few quid more than buying the HD600 brand new.

Man of Honour
Nice - when you get a setup that really works with the 600 series there is nothing else like it.

Been toying with the idea of building the Millett amp or something as I have all the bits except tubes but doesn't seem to be great options for acquiring tubes and ultimately I prefer solid state.

Soldato
OP
Nice - when you get a setup that really works with the 600 series there is nothing else like it.

Been toying with the idea of building the Millett amp or something as I have all the bits except tubes but doesn't seem to be great options for acquiring tubes and ultimately I prefer solid state.

My dream was the Bottlehead Crack but my modest budget doesnt stretch that far. Maybe one day :D

Associate
Glad you like them :) bass is great and they give you that classic sound. M8100 vocal presence is magical.

If it helps I actually preferred vocals on my LD MKII with M8161 and M8100 over The Crack in the end. If you were ever going to upgrade from that set up for lush vocals I honestly would struggle with recommendations.

Enjoy!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom