What watch do you wear?

Associate
Yeah the split 6th etc are a 'design feature' -- clearly they could change it if they wanted, but it's like that on many watches, across quite a few manufacturers. I suppose it's supposed to make it look '3d'...

Man of Honour
I was on vacation in Tokyo last week and was checking out the Tag Heuer boutique. I enquired about the Connected watch and was sad to be told it was sold out. So after making a bit of a sad face I asked if they had any of the straps available so I picked up a couple with a plan to source one online or when I next visited to the USA.

After a bit of a look around, I was preparing to pay for the straps when the shop assistant then offered me a pre-order watch that had not yet been collected. I jumped at the chance and with a small tax free discount I got the watch for about $1300 and a very happy face. I asked them to put the yellow band on for now (Also have black, green and red)

[/QUOTE]

Nice. :)

How is battery life and do you get the opportunity to upgrade that after a year or so?

Man of Honour
Gonna order some more Perlon straps in different colours. Out of all the straps I have the black and green Perlon ones feel the most comfortable and less faff to put on and take off.

The Pelagos is pretty neutral by design and almost all strap types and colours seem to suit it very well. no reason not to get more Perlons!

Caporegime
Pretty quiet in here. So here's my fancy Bulova -- I'm so totally in love! It's ann fancy with it's SINGLE TRANSISTOR... the big board behind it has quite a few millions of them.

KbvCais.jpg

that is quite quirky - would be nice if they sold it without any branding, just a clear face...

Soldato
Thanks! Are they EU sourced like Iconic? Or are they UK stamped with fresh warranty?
Honestly don't know .

On the subject of bargains Long Island Watch is now stocking Orient's Mako USA, 200m automatic diver, solid bracelet/end-links, and sapphire glass for just £115. If anyone is after a good watch at a low price this should be considered.

I think I have an addiction, haven't even received my latest watch yet (Sinn) and I've gone and ordered a Mako in blue. :p

Associate
Omega Seamaster 300 Diver, Blue or Black?

It's got to be blue.....or black ... No, blue, definitely blue, or black, what about black...

:o

I was in the same predicament a few months back and went with the blue. Go and try one on, the blue changes from a deep inky blue to a very pale depending on the ambient light. I've since had a friend buy the black and after comparing them together for some time I'm still happier with the blue.

It's surprising versatile for a dive watch too I find.

Soldato
Got a cheap winder as I couldn't be arsed to keep winding the crown when I didn't wear one of my watches for a day or two.. Will it cause any damage?

IMG_20160211_WA0006.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Back
Top Bottom