ISIL, ISIS, Daesh discussion thread.

Soldato
They also hi-jacked the union jack, doesn't mean i'll stop using the flag as my desktop wallpaper or my awesome union jack sliver cufflinks

Actually they hi-jacked the George cross :p But again, not that that means you should stop displaying the george cross or union jack, as I think most people, apart from the herp-derp I'm a robot denziens of GD, can tell the difference in context between a skin head waving a george cross and you having union jack cufflinks...

Some people has allowed it to be hi-jacked, a good example is emily thornberry and her misguided tweet about some who had hanged the england flag out there window. In her tiny left-wing brain, england flag = Jack-booted racist. As with her and diane abbott if you're a white male then you need to be wracked with white guilt and give way to every minority without question. Those kind of people need to be made an example of and told they are completely wrong in there world view

But who gives a toss what a couple of idiots with extreme views say, they are no more reflective of the general left wing view point than a skinhead is of the general right wing view.

There is no hand wringing, self loathing of the west from us, the general citizens. We can criticise aspects of it without being a hater and praise others without being a nationalist sycophant.

Soldato
Actually they hi-jacked the George cross :p But again, not that that means you should stop displaying the george cross or union jack, as I think most people, apart from the herp-derp I'm a robot denziens of GD, can tell the difference in context between a skin head waving a george cross and you having union jack cufflinks...

Indeed, but unfortunately there is a large group of people who would look at my cufflinks and go herp-derp. I have a couple of comments on public transport in the last few years, thankfully it's pretty rare

But who gives a toss what a couple of idiots with extreme views say, they are no more reflective of the general left wing view point than a skinhead is of the general right wing view.

There is no hand wringing, self loathing of the west from us, the general citizens. We can criticise aspects of it without being a hater and praise others without being a nationalist sycophant.

I would say it's a worry because they are in prominent positions of power, who have been popular enough to be voted into parliament. So there's a real significant group of people that lap-up what the emily thornberry's and diane abbot's have to say. When the far-right march, it only numbers a few dozen, when the hard-left march, they number in the tens of thousands. You don't get those kind of numbers without influence.

There are no far-right MP's for example, but there's plenty of hard-left MP's, heck one of them is leading the Labour party right now :p

The Hard-left should be meet with the same derision as the far-right, but for some odd reason they are tolerated and even seen as a force for good, personally i believe this stems from propaganda from the media and teaching unions which produce lefty-loving teachers

Last edited:
Soldato
"I will not tolerate all this tolerance!"

Yeah it's just as ridiculous as it sounds.

Is it? You have to ask why the tolerant are tolerating the most intolerant culture on the planet, so i will not tolerate the intolerant and those who tolerate it and...
austin-powers-cross-eyed.jpg

Joking aside you get my point

Last edited:
Soldato
Yeah but we know for a fact that the British press lie all the time, particularly when told to do so in support of govt war policy.

Is terrorist press the truth then?

All the press and others in pretty much every country lie for their own gain, so what's your point? It's called propaganda, it's what all governments do and people or organizations including terrorist's who want power.

You know you can find what really goes on around the world if you search enough, so instead of complaining and blaming the MSM stop reading it and using it to defend your own view on who is to blame for what is happening, especially just blaming the west all day and everyday.

Man of Honour
Robocod already beat me to it, but your post is so removed from logic and reality it might as well be written by Charles Lutwidge Dodgson. I'm proud to be a white man, doesn't mean i think of my asian and black co-workers any less (In fact i look upto a few of them due to how much they know). I don't have to debase myself in order to not be a bigot, that's warped liberal propaganda at play here and i refused to told that have to be wracked with white-guilt, i don't subscribe to it and will indeed challenge it where ever i see it.

I am slightly curious as to why you appear to think the only two possibilities are being proud of being born into the "right" biological group and debasing yourself. Are you really incapable of understanding anything other than those two extreme positions, or are you just pretending to be?

I'm also slightly curious as to why you think that's logic and reality when it fact it's nonsense that you almost certainly don't even believe yourself. Do you feel proud or debased by the colour of your hair? The size of your feet? Your fingerprints? The pattern of your ear?

Is there really nothing that you are neutral about, or even have a less extreme position than pride or debasement? I doubt it. I think you're deliberately making up a position equally as extreme as your own and deliberately falsely stating that it's my position.

It isn't.

You haven't countered my position in any way, presumably because you can't.

Last edited:
Soldato
http://www.breitbart.com/london/201...artial-arts-for-impending-religious-conflict/

Our old friend Moazzam Begg now telling British Muslims to prepare for inter-religious war. The chances of the mainstream media calling him out on this? slim to none I'd say :mad:

Step 1: Moazzam Begg suggests that Muslims should learn self defence techniques due to the rise in Islamophobic attacks.
Step 2: Breitbart describes this as Muslims preparing themselves for impending inter-religious conflict.
Step 3: scorza upgrades the words 'urging' and 'conflict' to 'telling' and 'war' respectively

Talk about putting words in his mouth.

Caporegime
Step 1: Moazzam Begg suggests that Muslims should learn self defence techniques due to the rise in Islamophobic attacks.
Step 2: Breitbart describes this as Muslims preparing themselves for impending inter-religious conflict.
Step 3: scorza upgrades the words 'urging' and 'conflict' to 'telling' and 'war' respectively

Talk about putting words in his mouth.

Shouldn't what's good for the goose be good for the gander also? Remember that the advice to people like us in the event of an Islamic terror attack is to "Run, Hide, Tell". Why aren't we allowed to fight back as well?

Man of Honour
It's not. You're confusing matters. I'm proud to be a man, that doesn't mean I think I'm better than a woman. It means I'm just proud of what I am. In this world where it's difficult being whatever you are, it helps to be proud of whatever that may be. That isn't about thinking you're better than anyone, I think instead it just shows you have issues.

Once again, you are helpfully explicitly stating that you believe that a person's sex is what they are, that it wholly defines them.

I certainly do have an issue with that.

If you don't think that being male is better than being female, why are you proud of being male? Being proud of something that you don't see as being better than the alternative(s) doesn't make any sense. So I have an issue with that, too.

You ignored my first reason completely and gave no counter-argument to my second reason. I have an issue with that, too.

So yes, I do have issues. With your posts. Of course, since you think that a person's sex is the be all and end all, you assume that means that I have issues with your sex.

Caporegime
He also states

Good samaritans and the police won't always be there

...obvious self-discipline element that all of the arts teach, such as courtesy, integrity, self control, perseverance and the indomitable spirit...

Fighting back is always a last resort...

..May [God]Allah protect everyone from the evils of violent thugs and grant htem the strength and ability to save themselves and others from fear mongering and violence...
(abridged).

Doesn't sound too unreasonable to me.

I hazard to say it, but feel that Scorza has somewhat inflated the situation inappropriately and out of context (totally unlike him I know).

Shouldn't what's good for the goose be good for the gander also? Remember that the advice to people like us in the event of an Islamic terror attack is to "Run, Hide, Tell". Why aren't we allowed to fight back as well?
Are you really suggesting that someone proposing learning self-defence in light of a perceived rise in violence against their subset of society, is the same as a terrorist attack?

I don't see a problem with anyone learning martial arts/self defence, but "fighting back"? The goal of martial arts is not about fighting back.

Last edited:
Man of Honour

Being attacked by an unarmed person who intends to beat you is a different context to being attacked by an armed person who intends to shoot you or blow you up. Unarmed combat techniques are not very useful at preventing you being shot by someone at a distance. Hiding is more useful in that context, as is telling the authorities so they can send people equipped and trained for the task. Unarmed combat would only be useful if you were close enough to use it before the attacker could shoot you.

Caporegime
He also states

(abridged).

Doesn't sound too unreasonable to me.

I hazard to say it, but feel that Scorza has somewhat inflated the situation inappropriately and out of context (totally unlike him I know).

Are you really suggesting that someone proposing learning self-defence in light of a perceived rise in violence against their subset of society, is the same as a terrorist attack?

I don't see a problem with anyone learning martial arts/self defence, but "fighting back"? The goal of martial arts is not about fighting back.

Why does he single out his "brothers" and "sisters" for his sage advice? Is it only Muslims who are the victims of violent attacks in the UK? It just sums up the difference in attitude between the two sides, on ours we have run away, hide like cowards and tell the authorities while on their side it's prepare to fight back. No wonder we're losing.

Soldato

No-one is going to stop you from fighting back against terrorists. In fact, you're likely to be praised for it.

However, no amount of Taekwondo training is going to be of use against a terrorist with an AK-47 and a death wish.

Back
Top Bottom