Colonic Irrigation

Soldato
I've had it done. My better half booked an appointment about 5 years ago - something about it helping to lose weight and she was trying to get beach ready. It was completely out of the blue and very out of character. There was no consultation - it was booked and I had to go because she wasn't going alone.

Insertion was more painful than I thought it'd be. It was also, obviously, quite embarrassing having a stranger poking around down there. The lady had an additional tool that looked like a massager / vibrator that she used on my stomach in downwards, encouraging motions to help break things up. My poo came in perfectly round, malteser shaped spheres which is apparently not a good thing and I was told to drink more water. Having warm water squirted up you is actually quite nice, but you do feel like you're seconds away from to squirting poo everywhere. All in all a slightly uncomfortable, embarrassing and interesting experience. We've talked about it once in the years since and it almost feels like trippy dream that didn't happen.

No idea of cost and I don't think it helped anything - although I do drink more water now.

Associate
OP
I've had it done. My better half booked an appointment about 5 years ago - something about it helping to lose weight and she was trying to get beach ready. It was completely out of the blue and very out of character. There was also no consultation - it was booked and I had to go because she wasn't going alone.

Insertion was more painful than I thought it'd be. It was also, obviously, quite embarrassing having a stranger poking around down there. The lady had an additional tool that looked like a massager / vibrator that she used on my stomach in downwards, encouraging motions to help break things up. My poo came in perfectly round, malteser shaped spheres which is apparently not a good thing and I was told to drink more water. Having warm water squirted up you is actually quite nice, but you do feel like you're seconds away from to squirting poo everywhere. All in all a slightly uncomfortable, embarrassing and interesting experience. We've talked about it once in the years since and it almost feels like trippy dream that didn't happen.

No idea of cost and I don't think it helped anything - although I do drink more water now.
At last a helpful response!

So you didn't notice any benefit then?

Soldato
At last a helpful response!

So you didn't notice any benefit then?

Not really. The lady said she didn't get much out - it felt like a lot to me! - and a repeat visit or two was recommended to get the full benefit. I reckon it could be a good thing if you're constipated. tbh I felt a little out of sorts the whole day - nervous before hand and a bit odd afterwards - so if there was a benefit I may just not have noticed it. I totally get why some people have a fetish about this stuff, though - it's all a bit weird and latex glovey.

Man of Honour
I had the camera up the no entry place a year or so ago. The prep for that was 6 pints of water with some magic stuff in it, that tasted like the stuff that ended up coming out. I got to 6 hours and was wondering what all the fuss was about then 6 hours 1 minute I lost 15 stone through said exit. It was less irrigation and more tidal wave.

Caporegime
Has anyone here had it, what was your experience?

Find anything good?

What did it cost?

Was it worth it?

Yes, I had a course of treatments quite a few years ago now. Very good experience, and I hope to do it again one day. Can't recall the cost, but it wasn't particularly expensive. Definitely worth it. People report different health benefits; a common one is improved vision. I just felt better overall.

Soldato
How can it ever be a good thing? The whole balance of bacteria in the gut and intestine is a fine fight between good and bad, if its gets out of balance then you've got serious issues trying to get it back level. Have you heard of the treatment where you basically have to ingest a donor person's poo to get the good bacteria in place?

Don't mess with it, its not just a waste pipe that needs flushing out, its a battleground of bacteria thats been happy for most of your life which won't thank you for running a tidlewave of coffee through it.

Soldato
How can it ever be a good thing? The whole balance of bacteria in the gut and intestine is a fine fight between good and bad, if its gets out of balance then you've got serious issues trying to get it back level. Have you heard of the treatment where you basically have to ingest a donor person's poo to get the good bacteria in place?

Don't mess with it, its not just a waste pipe that needs flushing out, its a battleground of bacteria thats been happy for most of your life which won't thank you for running a tidlewave of coffee through it.

Useless data for the day.

I heard the other day that the benign bacteria (with which we cohabit and on which we depend) out number our own body cells 10 to 1! We are not what we think we are! :p

Soldato
Useless data for the day.

I heard the other day that the benign bacteria (with which we cohabit and on which we depend) out number our own body cells 10 to 1! We are not what we think we are! :p

Recently that's been recalculated, we're more at 1:1 with bacteria.

And I have second hand experience of "Agent Picolax", my son had to have a colostomy reversal when he was 9 months old. It's evil stuff!

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Lol, I did this about 2 years ago with a deal on Groupon :)

Aside from from someone having a fettle around that neck of the woods and even then its no worse than a ex girlfriend having a lurk around there it actually felt quite nice once done and dusted. Just dont look in the container after, I am sure there was small lego brick in there from when I was 8.

Go for it tbh.

Caporegime
How can it ever be a good thing? The whole balance of bacteria in the gut and intestine is a fine fight between good and bad, if its gets out of balance then you've got serious issues trying to get it back level.

yup, it is pretty dumb - no real benefits to it but some risks, including some rare albeit rather serious ones...

Have you heard of the treatment where you basically have to ingest a donor person's poo to get the good bacteria in place?

that is apparently a treatment for Clostridium difficile - it is called a Fecal Microbiota Transplant:

http://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/gast...advanced_endoscopy/fecal_transplantation.html

Associate
This is a DIY job with a headless shower. I do this every morning to achieve hygenic superiority over other people SRSLY. A deep clean will last you up to 3 days so you can go on poopless weekend holidays and save the 20% of time your friends spend looking for toilets. You can use that 20% of time to make fun of their bad hygene.

Caporegime
This is a DIY job with a headless shower. I do this every morning to achieve hygenic superiority over other people SRSLY. A deep clean will last you up to 3 days so you can go on poopless weekend holidays and save the 20% of time your friends spend looking for toilets. You can use that 20% of time to make fun of their bad hygene.

not sure if serious....

but on a serious note - if anyone was to ever do that they'd risk doing some serious long term damage to themselves, you don't mess around with the gut, changed in the balance of bacteria can cause some nasty conditions

Back
Top Bottom