Ergonomic Desk Chair (10hr+)

Soldato
Since you're a student, I'm guessing you're young. That means that you're still growing. You really need to take care of your back so you grow correctly. As you can't afford a Herman Miller, look instead at getting a standing desk or a kneeling chair.

Oh good lord, perhaps surround your work space with crystals too.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Swiss Ball, just buy a cheap cover for it from the bay.

£30 and you will have a better posture than any of these things that cost £££

Associate
OP
Swiss Ball, just buy a cheap cover for it from the bay.

£30 and you will have a better posture than any of these things that cost £££

Aren't the foam rollers easier to use?

I probably do have better posture than these guys... most sound like they're 40+ and have never seen the gym.

smr

smr

Soldato
Would a brand new Herman Miller Aeron for £525 be a good price?... my current desk chair needs replacing quite badly. I actually can't believe how long I've had it for ... around 12 years... :o But the fabric has ripped and torn at the front now revealing a crumbing out foam underneath. I also think the support has sagged a bit.

edit- for £525 I'm guessing these must be fake chairs.

Just messaged the seller and he says they are genuine, hmm £525 for genuine Herman Miller ........ He says they're from an "over order from a major plc"

Last edited:
Caporegime
my Argos bucket seat from ~2006 has a Homedics shiatsu massage machine

Sounds like something Mr Garrison might design...

Are there any decent chairs for <£100? How 'bout <£200?

And where might I pick up a good 2nd hand chair if there is such a thing?

Spending £>200 on a chair might be a good investment, but my inner Scrooge McDuck won't allow it.

Caporegime
Would a brand new Herman Miller Aeron for £525 be a good price?... my current desk chair needs replacing quite badly. I actually can't believe how long I've had it for ... around 12 years... :o But the fabric has ripped and torn at the front now revealing a crumbing out foam underneath. I also think the support has sagged a bit.

edit- for £525 I'm guessing these must be fake chairs.

Just messaged the seller and he says they are genuine, hmm £525 for genuine Herman Miller ........ He says they're from an "over order from a major plc"

Spend less on something used would be my suggestion. £525 isn't alarmingly cheap for the chair though, any sort of quantity being purchased should get to that sort of discount.

Back
Top Bottom