Ergonomic Desk Chair (10hr+)

Associate
On an average day I spend like 6-10 hours sitting at my desk doing work. What chairs are there that are good for back support, AND don't heat up, so I can sit comfortably for a few hours a day?

Are DXRacers what I should get? I don't want to spend more than £400.

Associate
OP
There are already many threads on this topic. Please use the search function.

I have, some recommend the Herman Miller Aero but others say that the aero is outdated and that the triflex models are better. Any opinions in which Herman Miller chairs I should go for? Also how much have you guys got them for, second hand, it looks like their around ~£350 second hand or do they go a lot lower?

Soldato
I bought my chair for £40 from office supply shop. I sit in it for 10 hours a day normally and don't have a problem with it at all. I always wonder what people do in their chairs that gives them such bad problems.

Just sit with your bum in the back of the seat with a straight back. No worries.

Soldato
A good chair will always be better than a gaming chair. If you research, lots of office refurb ones around where you can pick up an amazing chair for 30% of its value.

Associate
OP
I bought my chair for £40 from office supply shop. I sit in it for 10 hours a day normally and don't have a problem with it at all. I always wonder what people do in their chairs that gives them such bad problems.

Just sit with your bum in the back of the seat with a straight back. No worries.

No no, it's not that I have back problems or anything. My chair just gets really hot after a while so this is why I want to get an ergonomic mesh one.

Soldato
I always wonder what people do in their chairs that gives them such bad problems.

Sitting in an incorrect posture, performing a certain activity? :p

I agree though I've used a cheapo chair for years without prob, was only a mattress in temporary accommodation that done me in. I've recovered but not fully, for that I'll need a proper chair now.

Soldato
I'll +1 the HM Aeron.

I work from home and can end up spending well over 12 hours a day in it (not continuous, but the vast bulk of it). I bought mine probably 10 years ago now (and yes I paid the new price!). With application of a duster it looks like brand new, so although expensive it is a case of you get what you pay for.

Never had back problems caused by the chair and when mine does go, the Aeron is usually the most comfortable place to sit. If there is a downside, its that a cheaper chair would remind me to get off my bum and move around more.

Associate
OP
Age or waistline? :)

40+ to both.

Haha, that's pretty funny :) But yep, me and you are completely different, hence why I probably cannot afford the new price tag.

I'll +1 the HM Aeron.

I work from home and can end up spending well over 12 hours a day in it (not continuous, but the vast bulk of it). I bought mine probably 10 years ago now (and yes I paid the new price!). With application of a duster it looks like brand new, so although expensive it is a case of you get what you pay for.

Never had back problems caused by the chair and when mine does go, the Aeron is usually the most comfortable place to sit. If there is a downside, its that a cheaper chair would remind me to get off my bum and move around more.

Do you find it gets hot after a while? Does it let you relax nicely so you can watch movies, or is it just a sit-up and work chair?

So would find the new price justifiyable? I believe second hand mark is something like £250-£400 for the £900 chair. As a student, can barely afford the former, but don't mind saving up if there's a huge difference that can't be addressed with the use of a duster :D

Soldato
You need to try them out.
After reading loads of reviews I bought a Steelcase Leap V2 after years of using a budget office chair and I just can't get on with it, it's now gathering dust in the spare room.

Soldato
As a student, can barely afford the former,

Since you're a student, I'm guessing you're young. That means that you're still growing. You really need to take care of your back so you grow correctly. As you can't afford a Herman Miller, look instead at getting a standing desk or a kneeling chair.

Back
Top Bottom