Fan control with Asus z170-a & NZXT h440(non pwm)

Associate
Hi all, complete noob here, just ventured into my first build.
At the moment I have all the chassis fans(3 x 120mm NZXT at the front, 1 x Corsair AF 120 LED at the back - all fans are 3 pin)connected to the NZXT case fan splitter that's powered by a molex adapter from the PSU(Corsair CX750M), but they're all running at 100%.
Looking at the motherboard manual I noticed there are 4 x CHA_FAN headers that support both pwm and 3 pin dc, so I was just wondering if I could bypass the fan splitter on the case and connect all the chassis fans straight in the motherboard, to have full control through Fan Expert 3 that's included.
If yes, would this option require any additional wiring?
Many thanks.

Soldato
Yes you can connect them directly to the motherboard headers you dont need to use the fan controller at all :)

The fan cables should reach the fan headers on the motherboard i imagine but if they dont you can buy fan PWM Fan Extension Cables for few £££

Associate
OP
Yes you can connect them directly to the motherboard headers you dont need to use the fan controller at all :)

Awesome, I'll try that later on tonight.

....if they dont you can buy fan PWM Fan Extension Cables for few £££
What would be the reason to buy PWM extensions?.....all the chassis fans are 3 pin....excuse if it sounds silly, I don't know much about fan control or wiring.

Rom

Rom

Associate
If the cables for the fans wont reach, you can buy extensions. The PWM connections are in fixed locations, so the fans wont always reach, especially if the case is big.

Back
Top Bottom