Wiring front Audio ports for Antec P183 Case

Associate
I broke one of the USB ports on my Antec P183 v2 and decided to replace the ports with USB 3 ports. I wanted to keep the existing Microphone and Headphone ports but in the process I accidentally broke them off the wires they were connected to.

I still want to keep these ports as they are designed to fit the case's front panel. My problem is that I don't know how to rewire them onto the HD Audio cable it was connected to. A picture of the ports are shown below:

My motherboards HD audio pinout looks like this:

The HD Audio motherboard cable that was connected to the ports was directly soldered to them. I notice that each metal port has 4 prongs on them but I don't know which prongs were connected to which cable. Unfortunately for me these cables connections were encased in plastic in the port assembly and when I tried prying open the assembly I ripped off the metal ports from their connected cables.

Does anyone know where I can find a schematic that shows how a HD audio 10 pin motherboard port is supposed to be wired to these type of audio ports? The pins that confuse me are the SENSE_SEND and SENSE_RETURN pins.

I plan to but a new 2 port USB3 motherboard cable and design a new 3D printed part to screw them all back onto the front of the case. I have tried to source the front port assemble to the Antec P183 v3 case as I believe it has 3 USB 3 ports instead of the 2 USB 2 and 1 eSATA port the v2 has but I cant seem to find any place in the UK that will sell the part.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give!

A picture of what the assembly looked like before I destroyed it:

pic_disp.php

Ashmanq

Back
Top Bottom