Looking for a premium micro-ATX motherboard

Associate
Hi guys,

Looking for a bit of advice.

I'm looking to build a new system. It will be a gaming rig, but I'm not terribly interested in overclocking, I just want it powerful at stock and ready to perform.

I'm also not particularly interested in having a massive chassis on my desk, nor anything that resembles a UFO/3D model. I like nice, clean, minimalistic design (been a Mac owner for too long :rolleyes: )

As such, I'm looking at either the Phanteks Enthoo Evolv, or Eclipse range. Both are very easy on the eye and have all the capacity I need.

What I'm struggling with is finding the right motherboard. I'd really like a board with lots of built in-features and onboard wi-fi and bluetooth are a must. I'd really prefer to not need to purchase additional expansion cards.

The type of rig I'm looking to build around this elusive motherboard is as follows;

- Core i5-6600 3.30GHz (Skylake) Socket LGA1151 Processor - Retail (presuming this comes with a stock cooler?)

- HyperX Predator 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 PC4-24000C15 3000MHz Dual Channel Kit - Black

- Corsair
Builder Series CX 750W V2 '80 Plus Bronze' Power Supply

- EVGA
GeForce GTX 1070 "Founders Edition" 8192MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card

- Samsung
250GB 850 EVO SSD 2.5" SATA 6Gbps 32 Layer 3D V-NAND Solid State Drive (+ a 500GB 2nd drive, same spec)

Not bothered about having windowed cases (don't need to see inside) so aespehtics are less important, it's all about premium features at m-ATX level.

Any recommendations appreciated, quite happy to pay up £200 approx for the right board.

Back
Top Bottom