MSI X99 Gaming 7 DEAD BIOS AGAIN !!!!

Permabanned
OK I'm seriously ****ed off.
Last night i was playing WoW Legion beta till 9pm. Left for a rave came back 5am push power button NOTHING open my case and what do i see ??
****ing Post code 00 AGAIN !!!! I booted up on spare bios.

I RMA'd this board THREE TIMES for same reason !!!!

Fiirst time it died 1.5 year ago when i build it i followed MSI main bios re-flash procedure and that BRICKED the board totally. So i sent it back and had Gigabyte x99 for few weeks before that came back sold it off loosing 25 pounds Plus shipment costs of both boards

Second time BOTH BIOSes died at once 5 months ago. I ordered Asrock fatality x99 had for few weeks and sold that on loosing another 25 pounds Plus shipment costs of both boards.

What to hell do i suppose to do now ??? First time in 10 years i decided to try different motherboard than ASUS and in return this is what i am getting.
First time i was like ok it happens faulty board.
Second time i was like ****s sake third's the lucky one
Third time today.....
I think ill try to write to MSI CS main office or somewhere. Could I get money back or new board or something OCUK has got my RMA and orders saved to back me up i guess.

Cause how long this will work now ?? Months ?? Days?? Hours ??
I had 0 problems with previous platforms Sandy Phenom ect. X99 full on problems !!!!

Permabanned
OP
spoffle read post again. Did it first time and that Totally bricked the board...
So if i try to reflash i can end up with NO PC and another -50 pounds.....
Think I try to write to MSI rep

Soldato
Clear CMOS, remove battery and unplug for 10 mins, remove all RAM bar 1 stick and test each slot.

All things you can try, suggest calming down before you do it as patience is likely to help you solve problems.

Permabanned
OP
Smffy its running on spare bioss. I have sent an Email about this to MSI REP hes off till next week tho. When this bios fries and i am sure it will looking at my experience with this ****** board if they can refound me or give me option to get newer MSI model if i pay extra. Since I lost on it 100 pounds in RMA costs already !!!!

Associate
I was playing HL2 episode 3 beta last night until 9:15pm. Left to headline at Glastonbury and then came back 6am push power button typed HAVE YOU TRIED TURNING IT OFF AND ON AGAIN turned my case off.

Permabanned
OP
And the ****ing bios is dead AGAIN !!!!!!

I get up and want to upload video for my youtube chanell when im at work and what ?? No post with error code 79

NEVER EVER BUY MSI MOTHERBOARDS ****ING EVER !!!

Last edited:
Permabanned
OP
bigjimmyauk no **** it. I rma this ****e last time and stick it on ebay had totally enough i let someone else fight with this MSI junk

now i know what MSI stands for 'Multiple Serious Issues'

Ill write email to MSI rep maybe could get this refunded cost me enough stress and shipping cost !!!!

Soldato
bigjimmyauk no **** it. I rma this ****e last time and stick it on ebay had totally enough i let someone else fight with this MSI junk

now i know what MSI stands for 'Multiple Serious Issues'

Ill write email to MSI rep maybe could get this refunded cost me enough stress and shipping cost !!!!

maybe ask them to replace the whole board rather than repair or upgrade to another board,

is the bios chip just wiping itself?

didn't the gaming 7 have dual bios?

Permabanned
OP
Keeps getting corrupted for no reason.... Working rock solid stable one day next day its a brick.

Both bioses are down now... First one packed up when i made this post today second one packed up. Last time when i tried to recover A bios bios 2 got fried to. So this time i had hope it wont just die and 2 months later it died.

Over those 2 months 0 problems ofc full stable not a single bsod or anything indicating it will not but up.....

On Asus maximum when bios update failed there was an option of hard flash without pc booting. Sadly nothing like that on this junk just RMA :/ AGAIN

Back
Top Bottom