Is my new motherboard DOA??

Associate
I just bought an Asus Z170m plus motherboard.After installing everything it will not post,all fans work the board powers up fine
I tried resetting BIOS reseating all memory.
I tried my new CPU I76700k in my other machine and the cpu is working.
When I switch on all powers up except no display at all,tried with graphics card and integrated graphics.
I suspect motherboard is faulty or is there something I am missing out to try?

RJC

RJC

Don
Check memory locations, as some boards are fussy which memory slots are used, also check all power connections in tight and none are missed :p

Associate
OP
Check memory locations, as some boards are fussy which memory slots are used, also check all power connections in tight and none are missed :p

Checked in manual that memory was in right slots,checked memory in another machine as well. Power connection were correct as far as I could see;)

Associate
OP
Found that one of the cpu pins was slightly bent out of shape. After a magnifying glass and steady hand managed to get it back in position and got the motherboard to boot.
Why aren't the pins on the cpu anymore they were far more resilient and the cpu wouldn't fit if one was bent. Awful mechanical and electrical design the extra heat just through resistance would knock off a few degrees in temperature at least:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom