Help on Loop with CPU GPU

Associate
I need some advice on how i will watercool my GPU CPU

Currently if you take a look at my thread in the sig you will see the build.

The current flow is water goes like this

PUMP>CPU>MOBO>240MM RAD> 360MM RAD > reservoir > back to PUMP

My CPU temps float around 25-29c on the 6700k @ solid 4.5Ghz.

I'm about to add 2 x GTX 1080's

Would it be sensible to have the flow as

PUMP>GPU1 > GPU 2 > CPU>MOBO>240MM RAD> 360MM RAD > reservoir > back to PUMP

or

PUMP>CPU>GPU1 > GPU2 >MOBO>240MM RAD> 360MM RAD > reservoir > back to PUMP

I guess in essence best to have it hit the GPU's first then CPU second or CPU first then GPU's second?

Soldato
Shouldnt really make a difference, ive swapped the direction around of mine a few times without noticing any difference, i guess maybe if ya pump was running really slow then it might be better to put the CPU first so ya dont have warm water from the graphics cards hitting it, but i wouldnt think you would run the pump that slow anyway.

Associate
OP
Shouldnt really make a difference, ive swapped the direction around of mine a few times without noticing any difference, i guess maybe if ya pump was running really slow then it might be better to put the CPU first so ya dont have warm water from the graphics cards hitting it, but i wouldnt think you would run the pump that slow anyway.

did you notice the overall temp go up due to the gpu;s

Soldato
Yeah you will need to turn the fans up a bit, youll have to get rid of three times as much heat as before adding the gpus.

Cant really compare to mine as i have 290x cards and they kick out much more heat. I had to add more rads to cope but im sure youll be ok with them efficient 1080s

Associate
I agree about placement. Doesn't really matter because the water flows fast anyway. Just a point Laing recommend have a rad before the pump/res to keep the water cooler through the pump.

Back
Top Bottom