Opinions on DDC or D5

Soldato
Can i get your opinions on these pumps please guys im currently leaning towards a d5 vario with its plug and play and settings on the bottom of it but keeping my options open.

And by any chance has someone used that EK zmt tubing is it any good?

Associate
D5 Vario set it to 2 and never hear it, used many of them over the years.

I'm using my first DDC at the moment only because I needed something smaller, it seems ok
TBH and saves a bit of space.

Only thing with D5's is they are ugly, you have to buy a pump cover and braid the cables to make it look decent :)

Associate
I've used both and prefer the DDC due to its size especially when fitted with a pump/res top.

They can be noisy and get hot so are best fitted with a heatsink and decoupling feet.

Associate
I've used both.

I like both. The ddc is very capable but I find can be a touch loud and does vibrate quite a bit. I do however find its easier to bleed a loop with a ddc for some strange reason.

I'm currently running a d5 and it's very quiet on setting 3 pushing a good amount of fluid round my loop

Soldato
Got both and switched out ddc for d5 today after loop rebuild after putting ddc in for d5. D5 for myself at least seem to be able to drop to a dead silent noise level while with ddc was always a tiny noise, not at all bad but if say your fans spin off entirely at low loads and the rest of your componants fans do also, you can hear it.

Neither has issue coping with a GPU / CPU and 2 rads.

If you got the space go d5. If not ddc is not a bad choice by any means if you decouple it properly.

Soldato
OP
thanks all was thinking of the D5 170 photon with a bitspower d5 cover

starting to psych myself out thinking of leaking over my hardware hehe :(

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom