5930lk 4.5GHz/1.34v single radiator

Associate
Hi !
I want to know if for a custom system, a single radiator (e.g EK Coolstream 360 XE) is enough to cool a [email protected] GHz/1.34 volts under prime 95 and keep the cores temperatures under 95 °C ?
Thanks !

Soldato
I can keep a 5960x under 70 degrees @ 4.6 ghz in stress tests on a thinner 360mm rad.

Though really it's a bigger question and depends a lot on the rest of your system. Also 1.34 volts for 4.5 ghz seems pretty high. And why you aiming for 95 degrees. I imagine you would not want to see temps approaching that figure at all really.

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

And don't use prime - aim for acceptable temps under something like Asus Real Bench.

Associate
OP
I can keep a 5960x under 70 degrees @ 4.6 ghz in stress tests on a thinner 360mm rad.

Though really it's a bigger question and depends a lot on the rest of your system. Also 1.34 volts for 4.5 ghz seems pretty high. And why you aiming for 95 degrees. I imagine you would not want to see temps approaching that figure at all really.

Because it goes up to 100 °C and throttle. What stress test are you using ?

Soldato
Because it goes up to 100 °C and throttle. What stress test are you using ?

I normally push it through few hours of real bench and AIDA. If it's all good, chilling and I crack on with real world use. Not bothered putting I through hours and hours of various testing, I have often found what seem stable clocks in synthetics falls over straight away with real tasks I use it for.

Also clearly if your hitting 100 degrees and throttling your cooling is inadequate and I expect in part thanks to the volts your pumping through it. I would see what you can achieve on say 1.3 volts or something your cooler can handle.

Associate
OP
I normally push it through few hours of real bench and AIDA. If it's all good, chilling and I crack on with real world use. Not bothered putting I through hours and hours of various testing, I have often found what seem stable clocks in synthetics falls over straight away with real tasks I use it for.

Also clearly if your hitting 100 degrees and throttling your cooling is inadequate and I expect in part thanks to the volts your pumping through it. I would see what you can achieve on say 1.3 volts or something your cooler can handle.

My cooler is a Noctua NH-D15. Will I see improvements if I go custom watercooling with one radiator for the processor ?
Anyway I dialed back the settiings to 4.4 Ghz @ 1.264v

Back
Top Bottom