3570k + H110i GT Woes

And

And

Associate
3570K @ 4.3 here, h80i, balanced mode.
Idle is under 30, load in the low 60s.
Auto volts +0.05, never goes over 1.265v.

Man of Honour
How are you powering the pump? Is it connected to the cpu fan header on the motherboard? Have you tried changing the fan profile so that the pump runs at a higher rpm? Don't use IBT either as you will not get anything like that much stress in normal use.

Permabanned
The 280mm AIO's are poo. i have a h110 and h110i both was no better than a good air cooler.

i would re-seat the block and use some better TIM. turn off PWM control for the pump in the software, just let the pump run at 70% or more

Soldato
I had a 100i and it was great until it got to about 2.5 years old. I was running a 4790k @ 4.5ghz and it would peak at 85c under load (BF4). However, I was using a custom fan curve as I found it better than the profiles provided by the software. 1k rpm isn't that quick to be honest so a custom curve would be worth looking at.

As for jumping temps, use CoreTemp as its more accurate, but also monitor your task manager, do you have any processes which are causing the temps/frequency to spike?

I ended up going back to an air cooler and so glad I did - so much better than the AIO I had - I was just lazy and didn't bother replacing it lol

Permabanned
Strange, I have a H100i GTX and my 3570k @ 4.6ghz idles between 18/22 degrees and rarely tops 55 degrees in use. Way way better than an air cooler.

I do have Noctua fans on it but even with the stock ones I got similar temps, just noisier.

Enthoo Luxe case, 2 noctua intakes, radiator pushing air out the case and 1 rear exhaust.

Though those are "real temp" figures, Core temp shows about 5-10 degrees higher.........:p (unsure which are valid)

Last edited:
Permabanned
Yeah, I only replaced the fans due to noise. The performance was fine. I am using Thermal Grizzly Hydronaut paste now.

Seems strange two almost identical setups are so different. Only difference seems to be my rear/cpu fan exhausts but that cant affect things too much.

Doing some Handbrake encoding.

MiMZ4tI.png

Back
Top Bottom