Might have made a BOOBOO :( phantek etho promo + photon 270mm res ???

Soldato
Guys i have been angling this up and i think this res is not going to fit...........
i think i should have went for the 170mm photon res instead of the 270mm res.

though dont get me wrong the res is bloody awesome but im finding it hard to find a mounting spot lol

i want to mount it on the back of the case inside beside the graphics cards though i think im going to have to make holes for the mount in the case.....

also i want to be able to make the res a closed loop so that i can see the liquid pouring into the res like a fountain effect, would look kinda cool but my other issue is how do i fill the res up if i use closed look cause there seems there is only 1 fill port and 3 external ports on this res......

anyone any idea`s what to do ?

Soldato
I think you might struggle mate, I got the 170 and it's still a pain. I ended up putting it in the drive bays, it just about fits.
I tried putting it at the end of the GPU but couldn't get it mounted properly.
I also tried behind the motherboard but couldn't get rid of the vibrations into the side panel.

Soldato
OP
dam its a shame cause i really wanted this res to fit :(

might have to do some modding to the case to make it fit lol
its gonna be a mission thats for sure.

Soldato
Couldnt you just put a T fitting right before the inlet to the res and put a fillport on it?

Unless your planning on selling the case in the near future i would just drill what ever mounting holes you need, and put the res where ever you want it to go. I just googled it and it looks like one of them fancy tube reservoirs.

Im guessing the only places long enough to mount it would be on the back of the case maybe leaving out the 140 rear fan if you run out of height due to a huge bottom rad, or mod the rad bracket behind the GPUs.

Personally i think them reservoirs look cool on their side, have you thought of maybe turning it horizontally and mounting it above the bottom rad, it would look cool through the window.

Soldato
OP
Couldnt you just put a T fitting right before the inlet to the res and put a fillport on it?

Unless your planning on selling the case in the near future i would just drill what ever mounting holes you need, and put the res where ever you want it to go. I just googled it and it looks like one of them fancy tube reservoirs.

Im guessing the only places long enough to mount it would be on the back of the case maybe leaving out the 140 rear fan if you run out of height due to a huge bottom rad, or mod the rad bracket behind the GPUs.

Personally i think them reservoirs look cool on their side, have you thought of maybe turning it horizontally and mounting it above the bottom rad, it would look cool through the window.

its a possibility, i never thought about mounting the res sideways lol
need to figure out how to mount it though that way on top of the fans .....

i think i need to purchase a tbar and a few fittings so that i can put the tbar on the top of the radiator so i can use that as a fill port and use the other port as a closed loop thought the res then into the pump and back around to the gpus then the top rad then back out to the cpu and back to the pump or res.

Back
Top Bottom