******Official War Thunder Thread*******

Associate
How did you find Simulator Tank Battles? I've not tried tanks in Sim :)

I enjoyed myself. Rolling around with Hellcat, we made an ok team. I managed to kill 3 things before an Ostwind destroyed my barrel then shot out my crew. Hellcat swiftly finished him, tho. Highly recommend scouting in pairs or more.

It wasn't the special event thing in Uber Simulator mode I was looking for, which seems to have ended. In that you weren't given IDs on friendlies, but in normal sim you are, and they show up on a map, and so do enemy tanks that have been spotted.

Very different to Simulator Planes, no special controls needed.
Highlight of the night: Hellcat getting his engine destroyed and not having a repair kit. So I hitched him up and towed him around the battlefield like a second turret :D Then need to look around a corner for enemies - Solution: Unhitch Hellcat, then push him around the corner and see if he dies! :D He didn't, which was sad, but we managed to find a Tiger for me to kill :p
Rob does make an excellent Caravan. I highly recommend him ;)

Associate
I've been reading intently, really enjoying playing this after WOT. Been having a some good games but this one topped the lot.
Took the Panther 2 to the other side of the lake to harass was there ages till taken out, swapped to the Kugelblitz which I love and kept the plans in check for a bit noticing all the while we're now loosing badly so had a little rampage about in it before being destroyed. Didn't intend respawning but oh hell what to lose so took the Tiger 2 H out, never got any further than my base as I had 3-4 on me which I slowly took out as they came on one at a time.
Started driving into to town to see what else I could do before the inevitable happened when I noticed the counter going down really quickly...hehe we'd won :)
shot%202015.01.21%2015.17.31-XL.jpg

Soldato
Rikk we're all a bit pants at dancing around the skies we're just not super pants when we fly together and if we are, at least it's fun!

Do an in game squadron search for OCuk and apply.... one of the almighty mods will then sort you out.

Associate
Just to prove how utterly dominant the 3.7BR typhoon is:

Mouse over the top enemy next time... 3.7 battles are very random, you can come up against players that only have 3.3 planes and less who are VERY easily shot down.

Try taking your 3.7 into the 5.0+ realm and you'll find those players very hard to fight against.

Plus you only came up against 1 organised squad in that match, no wonder you didn't die when they have no real cover.

The LA-5FN is a real beast, don't go head to head with me, I'll snipe you yo~~~~ :p

Soldato
Mouse over the top enemy next time... 3.7 battles are very random, you can come up against players that only have 3.3 planes and less who are VERY easily shot down.

Try taking your 3.7 into the 5.0+ realm and you'll find those players very hard to fight against.

Plus you only came up against 1 organised squad in that match, no wonder you didn't die when they have no real cover.

The LA-5FN is a real beast, don't go head to head with me, I'll snipe you yo~~~~ :p

If you go head to head you deserve to get shot down, noob tactics! 3.7 Typhoon can hold its own in 5.0 easily, just got to avoid the boom and zoom no skill players

is that from the other night? when you said you like mens equipment?

Oh no, what I said is unrepeatable on the forum, it related to a certain player being similar to a feminine leakage with a severe learning disability.

TBF he did bomb a cap point full of friendlies, not an enemy in sight and reply to that fact in chat with 'lol' so I though it was justified.

The moderators did not.

Associate
If you go head to head you deserve to get shot down, noob tactics! 3.7 Typhoon can hold its own in 5.0 easily, just got to avoid the boom and zoom no skill players.

So you bait your wingmen then? Can't always have a chain, you need to head to head a lot of the time, but if you insist on pulling off, I'll just line up behind your squad and take you all down instead <stealth attack> :3

Soldato
So you bait your wingmen then? Can't always have a chain, you need to head to head a lot of the time, but if you insist on pulling off, I'll just line up behind your squad and take you all down instead <stealth attack> :3

Try it, see how you do :p

I'm not gonna reveal tactics for that but someone head to heading can always be defeated, easily, because a lot on the time they're a one trick pony trying to use that centerline firepower :p

I would call it that any one of the WT regulars can take a head to head 3.7 and down it after a turn battle.

Remember that duel night Brain???? :D

Soldato
Try taking your 3.7 into the 5.0+ realm and you'll find those players very hard to fight against

Not necessarily, I've come up against plenty of 5.0+ planes and easily dealt with them in the 3.7 typhoon. Can even cope with jets if you know what you're doing. You quite often find a lot of high level pilots to be awful because they've rushed their skill tree with premium and haven't taken time to properly learn the basics of the game.
The typhoon along with the spit IIB are, imo, the 2 most beastly planes in game

Back
Top Bottom