Le Mans 2016

Soldato
Bump for a bit of a dead thread as I couldn't see any others (surprisingly) - last minute opportunity means i'll be going again this year. Beausejour camping again which will be...interesting

Looking forward to seeing the Fords too, though from what I have seen online the sound is all kinds of disappointing

Soldato
Unfortunately when I had the chance to book with the normal lot of lads I wasn't 100% sure where I would be job wise. Now it's all settled down I'd have loved to go!

Keep an eye out on the inside of Tetre Rouge corner in the Team Langoustine camp site for 2 996 turbo's, a 944 turbo and a f type r in white amongst other things (the usual chaps I go with)!

I'll be watching at home :cool::(

RSR

RSR

Soldato
I was about to post a thread out all the info for this.

I'll do a huge update for this once I am home.

Soldato
Would love to go to Le Mans. Maybe next year!

Will settle for the TV this year though. Will it be Eurosport showing this?
Last time I watched their God awful coverage, I'd lost the will to live by the end of the race.
40 minutes of adverts, per 15/20 minutes of coverage.

Soldato
Mighty jealous of those of you going!

Would love to one day, for sure its a bucket list one for me (won't be for a good while though with a little one on the way!)

Very much looking forward to watching it though.

Associate
Would love to go to Le Mans. Maybe next year!

Will settle for the TV this year though. Will it be Eurosport showing this?
Last time I watched their God awful coverage, I'd lost the will to live by the end of the race.
40 minutes of adverts, per 15/20 minutes of coverage.

Buy the race on the http://members.fiawec.com/liveConnect website. It's about 8 quid and is completely interrupted uninterrupted. I did this for the first time last year and short of actually going I'll it for the foreseeable future. Eurosport's advert are annoying.

You can watch it on your PC, and Android/IOS site. Make sure you buy it through the website though, I had an issue where I paid for the season on my phone but it's never shown up on my account :mad:

Last edited:
Soldato
Buy the race on the http://members.fiawec.com/liveConnect website. It's about 8 quid and is completely interrupted. I did this for the first time last year and short of actually going I'll it for the foreseeable future. Eurosport's advert are annoying.

You can watch it on your PC, and Android/IOS site. Make sure you buy it through the website though, I had an issue where I paid for the season on my phone but it's never shown up on my account :mad:

uninterrupted :D I'll hopefully catch most of the beginning and last few hours.

Associate
I don't think so, last year they had Bob Constanduros, Gilles Dawson, Mark James, Peter Dumbreck (stolen from reddit).

This is worth a read. The eurosport app could be another good shout as if I understand it correctly you can turn the commentary off and load up RLM separately. I can't remember if the WEC stream allows you to do the same. If it does then it's RLM all the way :D

Associate
Traveling on Thursday morning hopefully in time to see the night qualifying.

Stopping at the Porsche curves, so I expect a lot of walking as usually stop further up inside the circuit.
Hoping to make the drivers parade too in town, never been before, is it possible to eat in the town on Friday night or is everything booked up?

Work commitments allow us to stay Sunday night this year too so it'll be good to see the end of the race relaxed rather than preparing for a speed run home!

Back
Top Bottom