Expired Passport as ID

Soldato
Ok, so my wallet was stolen a few weeks ago, along with my drivers license. I'm going to a club I don't frequent tonight, and all I have for ID is my passport which expired last year. If I get IDed on the door are they likely to accept the expired passport?

Man of Honour
There is no logical reason why an expired passport is not a valid form of ID. It expires for reasons utterly related to proof of age. It's a perfectly accepable form of ID and is about the best you can get.

HOWEVER..

People who work doors are sometimes far from bright, others simply enjoy 'the powah' so you really are at the mercy of pot luck and whether you get somebody with a working brain cell or not :(

Associate
You'll probably be fine but with the passport being expired it is not a legally valid form of ID. Just hope the bouncer isn't a git and make sure you don't get lippy or do anything else to annoy him.

[TW]Fox;12903022 said:
People who work doors are sometimes far from bright

Before now I have been ID'ed and then asked what year I was born, and how old would that make me.

1. 1988 plus 20 = 2008 is that really hard? (When they have my ID in their hand).
2. Your job is checking ages on the front door, SURELY you should actually know this.

Bouncers tend to smile at and flirt with the clearly 16yr old girls and let them in, then be a PITA and ID men.

A thick bouncer won't even notice your ID is out of date. I know people who use older siblings ID all the time when they were underage. A friend used someone elses ID and got the address WRONG and they were still allowed into the bar.

Remember, doormen are doormen usually because they aren't too bright:p.

Last edited:
Soldato
Before now I have been ID'ed and then asked what year I was born, and how old would that make me.

1. 1988 plus 20 = 2008 is that really hard? (When they have my ID in their hand).
2. Your job is checking ages on the front door, SURELY you should actually know this.
That's to try and catch you out :confused::confused::confused:
Drunk people get confused easily if they're lying.

Remember, doormen are doormen usually because they aren't too bright:p.
Well they outwitted you!

And the ones I worked with on C&R are quite bright. Most of them were educated and doing it as a second job.

Soldato
To this day I still use my expired passport when I go out to town or whatever, so yeah its fine. My passport photo was taken when I was around 12, the girls love it! :p

Back
Top Bottom