vin number

Associate
having major problems trying find quad details from the vin number, i have just brought a quad from a farmer has no number plate or v5, so im trying to find out the reg from the vin number as all hpi checks ask for reg,

any ideas ?

Soldato
dont buy dodgy quads with no reg/v5 next time ? dvla or police are the only people i know who might be able to help . Maybe someone with access to the experian data checker but there is no "easy" way

VoG

VoG

Soldato
Are you sure it's even been registered for the road, as it might not have been, as it's only a legal requirement if you plan on using it on the road obviously.

Either way, have a quick read of this.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
ive tried both the police and dvla both would not help. no im not sure if its ever been registered on the road this is another reason i would like to run the vin but no where seems to offer this which i find abit silly.

Last edited:
Associate
Vehicles which are purchased for use on private land don't need to be registered/taxed/insured.

So if it is a kosher farm vehicle then this may be the case its never been registered.

Your only option might be to try registering it with the DVLA - you'll soon hear back if the VIN exists on their system. :(

Make sure you got a signed Bill Of Sale.

Back
Top Bottom