Weekend Footy - 21st-22nd March **SPOLERS**

Man of Honour
Bendtner isn't good enough to be starting for a top 4 side IMO, he's got talent, gets in good positions, link up play is acceptable, but he has a poor first touch and misses quite a lot of chances. Aside from Adebayor he's the only real aerial threat up front so I suppose one could justify a place on the bench.

Due to injuries he's had a lot of chances this term, in fact the only player with more appearances than him is Denilson.

Man of Honour
That was easily the most lacklustre and rudderless Chelsea performance I've seen in a while, they offered nothing at all. Not to take anything away from Spuds though as they played well enough.
Still, at least the lads took advantage of Man.U's result by increasing the goal difference by 1, idiots.

Carvalho (why the hell didn't he start today?)....

He's injured again (ankle this time) and we keep rushing him back when he's not fully fit, should just keep him for the CL ties & Quaresma is CL cup tied as mentioned, not to worry though as we've got Malouda still...

Soldato
That was easily the most lacklustre and rudderless Chelsea performance I've seen in a while, they offered nothing at all. Not to take anything away from Spuds though as they played well enough.
Still, at least the lads took advantage of Man.U's result by increasing the goal difference by 1, idiots.

He's injured again (ankle this time) and we keep rushing him back when he's not fully fit, should just keep him for the CL ties & Quaresma is CL cup tied as mentioned, not to worry though as we've got Malouda still...

Haha, cracking post. I saw the league table and thought the same myself about the goal difference. Well done Chelsea!

Caporegime
Good weekend of footy for us, beating Newcastle to put us 3 pts ahead of Aston Villa. Cant help but laugh at Man Utds loss to Fulham of all teams...lets hope they keep dropping points from now on. Rooneys red card made me laugh though...

Surprised at Chelsea losing to Tottenham:o...not really bothered either way as i hate both teams with a passion along with Man Utd and Liverpool.

Good result by Fulham though, well pleased with that result.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Come on Bendtner had plenty of starts early in the season. He was awful throughout. If he needs confidence to score some of those chances he's missed recently then he's in a a worse state than i thought. For every good thing he does (he scored) he does 20 things bad, missed simple chances and cocks up attacking play with shoddy passing. He's ok to come on as a sub but seriously how many games does he need to play consistently?

you really might want to get some facts involved before you spout crap.

Firstly he's started 12 league games, and scored 6, Adebayor started 20, and scored 8 goals. Whose got the better goals to game ratio in that? How many game did Adebayor start in a row, most of them, and he often gets a full 90 minutes.

the first time this year Bendtner played one game after another was november, he played 4 games, then played sub 10 minutes in two games in the next month.

THe last 3 games are the FIRST TIME this year he played more than 70 minutes in 3 games on the trot, and he's scored 3 goals in 3 games.

We played very well against blackburn, his passing, link up play was all great, the majority of missed chances were all on his left foot and his movement was partially what helped the team to rip them apart. Good Arsenal fans gave him a round of applause as he went off rather than the booing they gave to Eboue earlier this year. HE worked every second he was on the pitch.

Overall he's started 23 games and scored 12, and Adebayor has started 24 games and scored 12. No one with any sense whatsoever would compare Adebayors constant run of games, constantly being chosen despite the team doing so badly as lack of faith from the manager, while Bendtner after almost any good game has been dropped anyway, has rarely started more than 2 games in a row and has put in 100% effort in every single last performance.

Hell yesterday the amount of headers he won, the amount of great passing in behind, hold up play, winning the ball, scoring, running, frankly it was a better 90 minutes that Adebayor has ever bothered putting in or is capable of doing. Considering Bendtner went up for every header he was close to without fail and won most, ADebayor backs away from almost every single long ball and hopes and prays it will fall to him somehow which it rarely does.

Even then I rather laugh at Arsenals fans blindness to the game. Newcastles only truly decent defender went off early, Taylor did have a good game for a change and was incredibly lucky not to be sent off. But one of our goals came with their best defender off from a set piece, very well taken though. But the 2nd goal came against 10 men against a completely unorganised side that "forgot" to have someone step in to be the 4th defender. The 3rd goal was against a beaten team with their two best defenders off the field, against a bottom 3 side. We've won 3 in a row, against pretty much all the relegation favourites and even then we conceded, looked very likely to concede more, were very lucky Martin's penalty was crap and despite periods of domination always always looked likely to concede again.

It was a great offensive performance, Denilson/Diaby's woeful inability to track back cost us all game long. Nasri and Arshavin are looking very good for a strong challenge next year but only if we actually learn to defend/get some real DM's in.

Early season when everyone called us crap we could only beat the bottom sides, yet now everyones raving because we can beat the bottom 3, after drawing with 4 teams in a row who aren't particularly good at all.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Sheffield Wednesday played well ! As did Swansea ! I'm not too disappointed with the single point, was a good fun draw, lots of good possession and football played. Good advertisement for the game.

Shocked at Manchester United's loss to Fulham, Fulham for good periods out played Manchester United, United seemed to hit the self destruct button, Scholes shouldn't have raised his hands, could have headed that clear.
Rooney lost his temper, which is his biggest problem, I find it hard to defend him.

Wasn't a great shock Chelsea losing, They're not as good as the media make out.
Arsenal hammered Newcastle, no surprises there.

Don't know how to call Liverpool V Aston Villa today, could go either way.

Caporegime
The table since Harry arrived. (Doesn't include this weekends games)

ManU...... 20 51
Liverpool. 21 41
Chelsea.. 21 41
Everton.. 21 40
Villa....... 21 38
Arsenal.. 21 36
Spurs..... 21 33
Fulham... 21 30
Wigan.... 21 30
W'Ham... 20 27
Bolton.... 21 26
M City.... 21 25
Newc..... 21 23
Sunder.. 21 23
Stoke.... 21 22
B'Burn.... 21 19
M'Boro... 21 18
P'Mouth. 20 17
Hull....... 21 16
WBA..... 20 12

Soldato
Desperately missing Ashbee, and with Gardener also out (who's looked pretty ace when he's played), they can't play Zayatte in midfield either, so there's no real defensive mid in the team. No wonder Wigan are all over them.

The only solution I can see is Doyle/France coming in to RB, Ricketts into the middle, and Zayatte into midfield, but that's a proper bodge job. Where's Wayne "I love letting Wigan ship goals against me" Brown when you need him?

Soldato
Hull Wigan has been painfully dull, I hope the Liverpool- Villa match is more entertaining.

Hope there is at least 1 goal in this game to avoid those skanks who have Hull/Wigan fans getting 6 points in the FF team.

Last edited:
Don
Liverpool 11:
-----------Reina
Arbeloa-Carra-Skrtel-Aurelio
-------Masch-Alonso
Kuyt-----Gerrard-----Riera
----------Torres

Back
Top Bottom