Spec me a Full Tower case please

Soldato
I was going to make a suggestion but you already bought a case, I was also going to suggest the Corsair 750D which you currently have :p

I'd like to know your thoughts between the two cases when you get it put together. I think the 750D is awesome, I suggest it anywhere I can I'm so impressed with it. I can't imagine what the case to dethrone it will be like.

Associate
I was going to make a suggestion but you already bought a case, I was also going to suggest the Corsair 750D which you currently have :p

I'd like to know your thoughts between the two cases when you get it put together. I think the 750D is awesome, I suggest it anywhere I can I'm so impressed with it. I can't imagine what the case to dethrone it will be like.

I too had a 750D. Now a Primo. It's a beast. It will not fit unnder my desk but I can move the desk to left and push the case back. Anyway compared to the 750D the Primos is cleaner, looks nice.

http://imgur.com/OOSvlcU
http://imgur.com/bDnpi9l
http://imgur.com/c6FSK5F

Associate
Edit:
You shall not regret :cool:

I finally got round to building mine yesterday and done today, don't have many good photos but this one shows how good and clean it all looks :)

2q8rscy.jpg

Awesome case and blows away my old 750D, so much room and potential with this case, cable management is a breeze and I love the fact your PSU is completely hidden.

Only gripe I would have is the manual is not so clear on a few things but then I guess that is like most of them. So if you get stuck with anything I will help if I can (of course others too), the most confusing thing was the pwm hub on the back which threw me off a little.

I also have a H110i GT AIO water cooler and I had to remove the top case fan to fit the radiator. The bottom of the tower is also a single case fan so I wanted to put the one I took from the top and place it at the bottom which was also confusing, I did it eventually because there are some screws that hold a plate that comes right out of the bottom of the tower so you can install/remove the fans.

I looked on Youtube and found some review videos which helped a great deal too :)

I am going to put the fans to push air into the case tomorrow to see if can get lower temps...

EDIT:
Exhaust H90 on G10
Exhaust Phanteks 140mm top left
CPU DS silence 120mm Exhaust 1 fan on H80I

Last edited:
Soldato
OP

750D is inferior in every way to the Primo, Primo hands down a better tower :)

Soldato
OP
Edit:

I am going to put the fans to push air into the case tomorrow to see if can get lower temps...

EDIT:
Exhaust H90 on G10
Exhaust Phanteks 140mm top left
CPU DS silence 120mm Exhaust 1 fan on H80I

Let us know the results, surely exhaust is more preferable though? Pushing cold air in without hardly any exhaust is just going to make a hot cyclone or something inside? You might get a mini tornado swirling in the middle of your case :D

Associate
Let us know the results, surely exhaust is more preferable though? Pushing cold air in without hardly any exhaust is just going to make a hot cyclone or something inside? You might get a mini tornado swirling in the middle of your case :D

There is about 3-4c difference on my GPU it is better but not great. Still hitting 70c on ROTTR.

Associate
Only gripe I would have is the manual is not so clear on a few things but then I guess that is like most of them. So if you get stuck with anything I will help if I can (of course others too), the most confusing thing was the pwm hub on the back which threw me off a little.

I had the same issue, the manual was actually counter intuitive at times. The pwm hub was very confusing, I started with trying to connect the fans to headers on the motherboard, but then thought the pwm controls would be nice so connected them back the hub and connected the hub to sata.

Phenomenal case though. I am very happy with my primo, the ease of building in it was great for a first timer like myself.

The weight of that thing though :(

Soldato
OP
I had the same issue, the manual was actually counter intuitive at times. The pwm hub was very confusing, I started with trying to connect the fans to headers on the motherboard, but then thought the pwm controls would be nice so connected them back the hub and connected the hub to sata.

Phenomenal case though. I am very happy with my primo, the ease of building in it was great for a first timer like myself.

The weight of that thing though :(

Well done on your first build ;)

Yeah the tower is quite heavy, who needs to go to the gym when you can power lift the primo :D

Soldato
OP
I had a look yesterday and couldn't see anything amiss? Can you point me in the right direction?

1. Take the front panel off carefully and check for any loose connections.

2. Also check you have everything wired up correctly.

3. Finally, just in case - there are two buttons at the top, the switch nearest to the usb ports is the reset button and the one nearest to the power switch is to turn the led on/off. Give that button a press to see if the led comes on.

Associate
1. Take the front panel off carefully and check for any loose connections.

2. Also check you have everything wired up correctly.

3. Finally, just in case - there are two buttons at the top, the switch nearest to the usb ports is the reset button and the one nearest to the power switch is to turn the led on/off. Give that button a press to see if the led comes on.

Ok sorry for the late reply. I have gotten the replacement LED's. Will attempt to fit tomorrow and will let you know.

Last edited:
Associate
OK My Bad. It appears that when I built the rig down stairs and brought it upstairs the sata cable came disconnected.:eek:

Now I have spare LED's.:confused:

But the case looks soooooooooo my nicer:D

I took of the front aluminum panel to let more air in and it looks great with the white LED's.

Soldato
OP
OK My Bad. It appears that when I built the rig down stairs and brought it upstairs the sata cable came disconnected.:eek:

Now I have spare LED's.:confused:

But the case looks soooooooooo my nicer:D

I took of the front aluminum panel to let more air in and it looks great with the white LED's.

Glad it's all sorted in the end ;)

Back
Top Bottom