Wireless charging to phanteks enthoo evolv?

Associate
Hello all

I've recently purchased the aforementioned case and am about to aquire the new google pixel XL. I've seen a few posts around the web of people adding wireless charging pads to the inside of their cases so they can just put their phone on top of their case to charge them.

I'm a total novice when it comes to modding cases so I'm not sure if the aluminium chassis will cause an issue but was curious to know from you esteemed people if this was something that could be done? If so, what would I need to do?

Thanks in advance

Soldato
I thought these things worked by producing an alternating current in a coil in the charger bit, which passes some energy outward in the form of a magnetic field, which is then induced by a similar coil in the phone. Sort of like how a transformer works or RFID card works. I would expect that shoving a big lump of metal in between the field would mess it right up. I might be wrong though.

Maybe if there's a section on the top of the case that isn't aluminium, or maybe if the charging pad was on top of the case?

Associate
OP
I imagine the chaps over at Google had the very same thought, hence why I just found out the phone doesn't support wireless charging haha

Thanks for the input anyway :)

Back
Top Bottom