Meet The Corsair Crystal 460X RBG Tempered Glass Case

Soldato

Linus Tech Tips just covered this from PAX 2016.

A case internally that's similar to the Corsair 400C but now with added tempered glass and a few minor tweaks.

It's available in two flavours the 460X and the 460X RGB which includes three of Corsair's SP120 RGB fans.

For more info checkout: http://www.corsair.com/en-gb/landing/crystal460x

Personally I love the look of the case and tempered glass with those fans.

Soldato
OP
Saw the same video, love the 460X RGB.

OCUK, when will this be stocked?

I mentioned it in the product suggestions forum.

This is what ChuggNorris (OcUK Staff) said :)

Should be set up within 1/2 weeks, not going to be available till approx November though. Might be worth looking at the Anidees AI-Crystal as an alternative if you can't wait that long!

Associate
Have just noticed the RRP on Consair jumped from £106 to £140.
To be expected for such a nice case, but might be a result of the interest this case is getting.

Soldato
More cases need to be made with glass. I'd love to own a case that is 100% glass, if it was of decent quality I'd probably pay quite some £££ for that. (With the £ going the way it is I guess I'll have to get use to it) :D

Soldato
More cases need to be made with glass. I'd love to own a case that is 100% glass, if it was of decent quality I'd probably pay quite some £££ for that. (With the £ going the way it is I guess I'll have to get use to it) :D

Indeed, once you see glass up close on a case, you never want to go near perspex again. It's just SOOO much nicer, and definitely makes the case look more expensive. I certainly hope this trend continues, although unfortunately most manufacturers are being rather lazy with their designs currently, and just slapping a glass panel on a pre-existing case to make a fast buck (understandable from a business perspective). Ironically, despite what you say about paying £££, one of the cheapest tempered glass side panel cases is the InWin 303, and that tried something different with the push button release which worked really well. We need to see more innovation like that, and I'm sure people will be willing to pay for it when we do.

Soldato

There is one case, which I use as my main case, In Win Tou if your really after one, though uses metal frame which the panels affix too. Hard to get hands on but all glass with metal skeleton. just buy a data vac in advance :p

Soldato
There is one case, which I use as my main case, In Win Tou if your really after one, though uses metal frame which the panels affix too. Hard to get hands on but all glass with metal skeleton. just buy a data vac in advance :p

When I do a total rebuild I'll probably look into getting another case but I love how quiet the FD R4 is (I have rounded off the PCI-E bay). If it had more watercooling support and a glass sidedoor I'd be in. TBF awhile I love these cases I don't really have room for my PC and it currently sits on a MDF board under my desk but it does look out towards the room :)

Associate
Looks perfect for me, need to get an ASUS 1080 RGB to go with it im thinking!
Can any OCUK staff tell me when they expect stock, I think the release date is around 14th of this month. VERY tempted to pre order!

Soldato
OP
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom