*** Phanteks EVOLV Owners Thread ***

Man of Honour
Got my tempered glass edition this week is black. System build not until the weekend at least, but coming from a Corsair 650D, this feels more professional, the panels and design are just better all round. Reminds me of the Antec P182 I had back in the day, nice weight heft to everything.

Gonna have to get my cabling on point due to the glass panel on the back!

I've got a H115i to go at the top, and the Phanteks fans seem to be very good and designed for the correct air pressure in this case, so will likely keep them and put the Corsair Air series from the 650 on MM.

Last edited:
Soldato
I may have messed up on some system upgrades.

I've just got an EK Predator 280mm AIO and some Corsair Vengence LED RAM, they are a little tall and I'm wondering if they will fit with a 140mm wide radiator. A visual inspection says they may but it's close, just wondering if anyone else is running a similar setup that can advise?

Associate
I may have messed up on some system upgrades.

I've just got an EK Predator 280mm AIO and some Corsair Vengence LED RAM, they are a little tall and I'm wondering if they will fit with a 140mm wide radiator. A visual inspection says they may but it's close, just wondering if anyone else is running a similar setup that can advise?

I had a similar issue and decided to put my 280 AIO in the front of the case and mounted 3x 120mm fans in the roof instead. You do need fairly long pipes for this to work though, giggidy

Associate
Has anybody modded the top of the case? If so how? and what with? The air flow is bad at the top.

I am thinking off drilling some holes (but no drill press at hand :() or getting it laser cut if I can, waiting on place to get back to me on this.

I have the predator 360 at the top with my 980ti in loop. and it just circles the warm air around and back in the predator! Would place it in the front... but really can't be bothered to take it all out again and swap the fans around.

Playing GTA 80% fans temps on CPU at hitting 80°C, GPU 65°C, BF1 is the worse as it adds another 5°C on top, ... thats just not right.

Took the top it off and temps have dropped by 10/15°C. Now playing BF1 it's 70°C max for CPU and 45°C for GPU... :D

It's a lovely case though. That glass is very nice touch!

Associate
Thanks Artery but it's not the tray.... it's top part piece of the case. The 3mm aluminum part :D. I see where there going with it

I have seen that thread before when looking for cases. But yeas it's the top part I might need sorting. Just a few holes and then get some mesh to cover it inside.

Just that my temps where so far from the reviews on the predator, I thought I had a bad one. I've reset both the CPU and GPU, side panel on and off.... still was all above 80°C!

I took the top panel this morning, seen it was getting nice and warm and have a play on BF1 for about 1 hour and now it's about 65°C CPU and 45-50°C GPU. Makes a massive difference!

I'll have a look around and see what I can find. So far it's top cover off for now!

Associate
A couple little changes you can make are:
Block off the other vents around the predator on the top so the air you push out doesn't bounce back into the case.
Remove the little filter stuff off the top vents as you are exhausting so shouldn't prevent much dusr build up anyway.

But in truth the top portion is simply not the best for a rad, it would be a lot better on the front...but tbh even then the case just doesn't have the best airflow due to its aesthetics.

Associate
Ladies, Gentlemen, my current rig is housed in a puny Fractal Core1000; she deserves better.
Some here might be able to help as I would love to give her a proper home so cable management is possible, as well as better airflow and more space. (I have a mATX board with a GTX970 crammed in!

So, Battlefield 1 is on my wishlist but it pushes my card to the limit, and although she's a pretty quiet card the fans definitely work very hard at near 100% GPU usage.

Should the Evolve mATX be a serious contender for a replacement? (Little airflow from the top). Or how about a mid-tower case like Phanteks other offering the Eclipse P400S which has sound proofing?

Thoughts?

Last edited:

RSR

RSR

Soldato
Ive not long finished my build in this case, here are a few pictures from my Project log.

017_zpskfvqj1uf.jpg

016_zpsliy2k7ht.jpg

One thing I have found annoying is the not being able to fit full size ATX-E MB in the case, as that limits my choices of a MB quiet a bit. However, I couldn't find any other case which peaked my interests so I am ok with this limitation.

Also since I took them pictures, I have moved to a NZXT Hue+ system as I found the Phantek LED strips to be more blue than white.

Associate
I'm looking at buying the ATX Glass version but can anyone tell me what memory clearance is like with an AIO top mounted? Would Vengeance LED memory fit with a EK-XLC Predator 280 or 240?

Soldato
I'm tempted to buy this case...can you buy the Glass side separately?

The Micro ATX version?

Some amazing builds in here.

There is not an MATX glass version... yet. Apparently it is in the works, but no news has been released yet that I'm aware of, but it is on the way. I am not sure how they will resolve the internal side bit that necessitated the small window on the MATX Evolv though.

Back
Top Bottom