EVGA DG-8 Cases

Soldato
Horrible quality picture (I don't have my usual camera at the moment, so crappy phone one will have to do!), but here is my set up with the DG-87.

DwyWBLH.jpg

wiaaTLf.jpg

Case has been great! Only issues so far have been:

• The top part of the case was stupidly hard to get off at the rear portion, one of the points to keep it in place at the front part of the top was bent at a 90 degree angle, but it's not a massive issue.
  • The front fans are placed with screws on the inside. This was annoying enough when no parts were currently in the case. It was made even worse when I had to adjust one when my motherboard and all was in.
  • My EK Predator 360 radiator only JUST fits at the top in a pull config, and I really do mean JUST! It is barely scraping one of the parts of my motherboard and if I was to ever need to unplug the CPU power I will need to unscrew the radiator and move it.

Negatives aside, the case is really great. Looks fantastic, allows me to keep everything inside nice and cool. I will possibly take a couple of higher quality pictures once my 1070 arrives today, see if I can get around to it.

EDIT - New card has arrived and it's lovely!

pB0JrRn.jpg

Will the predator 360mm fit at the front of the case?

Associate
Assuming you mean the front in the traditional sense (as opposed to EVGA deeming the window side the front) the 360 fits in just fine, but you change the airflow situation of the case......I'm currently using the top as an intake which is far from ideal in almost every way.
Cannot have the Predator installed on top myself because there's not enough room with a Rampage VE10, and the extra thickness of the rad.

Frankly, I'm very disappointed with the case, as it really doesn't match up against other full tower competitors in just about every way.....too much plastic, far too frustrating a build (even without my top install issue) and the general build quality is lacking. Any other time, I'd be changing it, but I'll hang on until the build bug hits me again.

Would not recommend it ahead of other efforts out there TBH.

Soldato
Assuming you mean the front in the traditional sense (as opposed to EVGA deeming the window side the front) the 360 fits in just fine, but you change the airflow situation of the case......I'm currently using the top as an intake which is far from ideal in almost every way.
Cannot have the Predator installed on top myself because there's not enough room with a Rampage VE10, and the extra thickness of the rad.

Frankly, I'm very disappointed with the case, as it really doesn't match up against other full tower competitors in just about every way.....too much plastic, far too frustrating a build (even without my top install issue) and the general build quality is lacking. Any other time, I'd be changing it, but I'll hang on until the build bug hits me again.

Thanks for your information :)

Associate

I half agree with this after having mine for a month. The build quality isn't the best and there are a few niggles. I had one weird but major problem where plugging the USB 2 front panel into the motherboard header would cause my computer to not POST. I've RMA'd it and asked for a replacement because i still really like the design and want to give it another shot.

Back
Top Bottom