*** NZXT SOURCE S340 MID-ATX CASE OWNERS THREAD ***

Associate

OK folks, in light of the competition currently running to win yourself your very own S340, I thought it would be good to create a post for those that have already experienced, tried and tested. Feel free to throw in pictures of your rig, comments, upgrade questions or problems. I would be more than happy to help!

The full lowdown on the kit is as follows:

• 360° of steel casing surrounding the all-steel chassis
  • Grommet-less cable management bar keeps cables tidy with ease
  • Full 280mm radiator support for the latest Kraken coolers
  • Compact form factor coming in two inches below competing mid towers
  • Detailed design and engineering with tons of small touches
  • Very easy to build in for new and experienced users alike
  • Integrated PSU shroud for an ultra clean build
  • Fully filtered intakes

Drive Bays
External 5.25": 0
Internal 3.5": 2+1
Internal 2.5": 2

Cooling System
Front: 2x 140/2x120mm
Top: 1x 140/120mm (1 x 120mm FN V2 Fans Included)
Rear: 1x 120mm (1 x 120mm FN V2 Fan Included)

Filters
Front (Included)
Bottom Rear(Included)

Radiator Support
Front 2 x 140 or 2 x 120mm
Rear 1 x 120mm

Clearance
GPU Clearance With Radiator: 334mm
GPU Clearance Without Radiator: 364mm
CPU Cooler: 161mm
Cable Management: Lowest Point - 17mm; Highest Point 168mm

Dimensions
200mm x 445mm x 432mm

Material
SECC Steel, ABS Plastic

Motherboard Support
Mini-ITX, MicroATX, ATX
Expansion Slots

External Electronics
1 x Audio/Mic
2x USB 3.0

Product Weight
7.05 kg

USB 3.0 Ports

Warranty
2 Years

CA-S340W-B1 (Black) - £59.99inc.VAT
CA-S340W-W1 (White) - £59.99inc.VAT

S340-case-wblack-system-05.jpg
S340-case-white-system-05.jpg

S340-case-black-front-01.jpg
S340-case-white-front-01.jpg

S340-case-black-filter-01.jpg
S340-case-white-filter-01.jpg

S340-case-black-system-03.jpg
S340-case-white-system-03.jpg

S340-case-black-system-04.jpg
S340-case-white-system-04.jpg

S340-case-black-interior-09.jpg
S340-case-white-interior-09.jpg

S340-case-black-interior-10.jpg
S340-case-white-interior-10.jpg

S340-case-black-interior-02.jpg
S340-case-white-interior-02.jpg

S340-case-black-interior-03.jpg
S340-case-white-interior-03.jpg

Associate
Hi! I'm about to buy one of these I'm pretty sure, this week. Going to transplant my system from a too-big annoying older case. I have a Corsair 80i cooler which I gather isn't ideal for this case but should be possible if I set it up with one fan. Where would you advise I set that up, exhaust from the back/top or intake from one of the front spots? And if at the back (or top) can I flip the fan already there to the front as an intake?

Cheers.

Associate
OP
I have a Corsair 80i cooler which I gather isn't ideal for this case but should be possible if I set it up with one fan. Where would you advise I set that up, exhaust from the back/top or intake from one of the front spots? And if at the back (or top) can I flip the fan already there to the front as an intake?

Hi Milko,

You would be best off putting this on the rear of the case as an exhaust, there is a 120mm fan mount there are providing your layout is pretty regular you shouldn't have an issue with it there. You may even get away with both fans although you may have to play around with RPMs to balance the pressures. With this setup you are spot on... flip the rear fan (included) and use it as an intake on the front ;)

Associate
Got one black from OCUK 2 weeks ago, currently collecting parts for a build.
Deciding on a AIO at the moment.

Pretty impressed so far I have to say :)

Mei

Mei

Soldato
in my opinion the best looking case of 2014 & at a amazing price
but cheaping out on the side window stopped me buying one for now :(
that and the lame bottom filter
maybe if they fix these things it will be a little more expensive!? worth it tho i think

my hope is if/when they update this case they dont change the styling bcos they got so much right

i like the clean look a lot
so much so im still thinking of buying one and attempting some modding :)

JRS

JRS

Soldato
Was seriously considering one of these, but seems like poor support for 3.5" drives.

That's my only* gripe with my S340. With two drives in the bay I was getting quite a lot of noise from vibrations being transmitted through the chassis. I'm thinking of making a new 3.5" HDD mount inside the shroud at the bottom of the case, one that I can put vibration dampening measures into.

* - we-e-e-ell....maybe one more gripe. Those captive thumbscrews for the side panels don't hang on brilliantly well once you've had the panels off a few times.

Associate
* - we-e-e-ell....maybe one more gripe. Those captive thumbscrews for the side panels don't hang on brilliantly well once you've had the panels off a few times.

This, I'm already thinking they need removing and replacing, and I've only had the panels off 2 or 3 times :eek:

Associate
For me it looks the best case for the money that there's been for quite some time. It has a considerable amount of him end case features.

Seriously considering one for the lounge this year, although I wil, have to go for larger storage drives if there is only room for two.

Associate
I ordered one last week and am going to be transplanting my machine into it this weekend. I would have preferred a case without a window, but that's not an option. Loving the idea of a nice clean build in as compact an ATX case as I could find. I am swapping-out the NZXT fans with some sexy black and green nanoxia super-quiet jobbies and am replacing my current H100i (which I've never really liked anyway, with a Noctua NH-C14 cooler. Looking forward to having a muuucccchhh smaller case taking up space underneath my desk (and whould be a whole lot quieter too.

Associate
I would be pretty tempted to remove the HDD caddy in one of these, and add an aftermarket one, maybe even mod the PSU shroud to take a bracket? The Phanteks SSD and HDD single brackets would look smarter upon the PSU shroud than the thumbscrew versions if you could hide the detrius of the original hardware placement.

Though not much use if your running two GPU's.

Back
Top Bottom