Spec me a Full Tower case please

Soldato
I currently have a Obsidian 750D Full tower and whilst it is still an amazing tower, I have just ordered some new upgrade parts to go DDR4/Skylake and although keeping the tower is certainly an option I tend to like buying a new case with each upgrade to give it a new look and feel.

However, most the towers I have been looking at, look rather average to be honest and nothing has caught my eye.

I am looking for:

- Full Tower.
- No doors on the front preferably.
- Windowed (but not full window).
- Bottom PSU, I have seen towers before that hide the PSU too which I really would like.
- Good cable management access.
- Good internal mounts for SSD and HDD's etc.
- Something that doesn't look too boring (but at the same time nothing crazily over the top).

Budget would be around £200 possibly up to £300 if something really looked worth it. I know it will be quite difficult to find something that ticks most the boxes so I will be open minded to most suggestions.

Thanks in advance :)

Soldato
OP
Phanteks Enthoo Primo in which every colour combo tickles your fancy and it gives you more than enough room to upgrade to a full WC setup later on.

Good choice :)

Actually came across whilst looking for a video review on the Primo, similar one called Phanteks Enthoo Elite which looks fantastic too but cannot see it on the Overclockers website, I wonder if it is even released yet or not.

Soldato
OP
I have just seen this and have done the same. Ordered last night:D

Mine is back with White inside. Thing is I don't know what colour the LED strip is.

You shall not regret :cool:

I finally got round to building mine yesterday and done today, don't have many good photos but this one shows how good and clean it all looks :)

2q8rscy.jpg

Awesome case and blows away my old 750D, so much room and potential with this case, cable management is a breeze and I love the fact your PSU is completely hidden.

Only gripe I would have is the manual is not so clear on a few things but then I guess that is like most of them. So if you get stuck with anything I will help if I can (of course others too), the most confusing thing was the pwm hub on the back which threw me off a little.

I also have a H110i GT AIO water cooler and I had to remove the top case fan to fit the radiator. The bottom of the tower is also a single case fan so I wanted to put the one I took from the top and place it at the bottom which was also confusing, I did it eventually because there are some screws that hold a plate that comes right out of the bottom of the tower so you can install/remove the fans.

I looked on Youtube and found some review videos which helped a great deal too :)

Soldato
OP
That does look Super Clean.
Is you GPU cooler? Also is you H100i GT exhausting? I have the H80i V1.
My case comes on the 5th.

I don't remember exact gpu temps before changing to this tower but a quick look at MSI Afterburner and it does seem like I am getting some slightly better temps. There is two modular hard drive cages and I put my drives in the bottom cage and just removed the top cage for even better airflow, with the top phanteks fan also moved to the bottom overall airflow in this case is excellent.

Yes I have both fans on the cooler as an exhaust.

You will have a lot of fun come build day I am sure ;)

EDIT:

Just been idling at the desktop for a while, both gpu fans I set to manual at 55% and top card idles at around 27c and bottom card idles at 24c so yeah really good airflow :)

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Associate
My case arrived a day early. OMFG. I think I will need to raise the desk.
I am so glad I brought a white G10 (£2.00 cheaper)
Will post pics tomorrow when I complete the build

Back
Top Bottom