Big OCUK competitor ceases to sell phanteks

Soldato
Strange, I wonder why that is, hope ocuk don't follow suit as phanteks make some great cases.

In regards to your query, we are no longer stocking phanteks cases.

Any phanteks items we have listed on the website are the last of what we have had arrive in the past and they are all set to be removed from the website once they have all been sold.

Soldato
It will most likely be because Phantek's has signed some sort of exclusivity deal with another supplier or can't supply the retailer in question with enough stock at the right sort of margins.

Man of Honour
There is always one...

To be fair how is he wrong? This is exactly how business works and comments like this just take away from a perfectly valid post. Whether you like it or not less competition in a market or for a particular product can well mean inflated prices.

Soldato
Well, I'd blame the ever dropping € & USD rate for your price increases, and if I'm not mistaken, several other 'competitors' are still stocking Phanteks.

Indeed. Various people seem to be getting a little protective about OCUK.
OCUK are great, their customer services are fantastic and in the past 5 years I've spent in excess of 15k with you.

That said, at least recently I've noticed that you're more expensive than others - fact.

Certainly with:
Samsung 960 Pro 512GB - £25 more expensive
Dell S2716DG - £45 more expense
NZXT Manta - £6 more expensive

When I looked last week at Asus ITX mobo (not in stock) and a 6700k (£12 more) at time of writing this post. it all adds up, to a £88 in fact.

It's obviously my choice who I buy with and on occasion it's worth paying the extra, however sometimes it is not.

I appreciate you're a business and need to make money, however so do you're competitors and they're cheaper on the above items at least.

Those prices were just me comparing you to a single competitor.

Last edited:
Associate
I agree with some of the pricing comparisons, but also thats up to OCUK, Phanteks case items such as a Mini XL drop and lock HDD bracket, £6 here, £4 elsewhere, Mini ITX upgrade kit, £21 here, £17 elsewhere, both places do free postage, though one you have to spend £50 if I remember correctly, another gives Haribo.

Just a couple of recent items I have looked at. Percentage wise its a big difference at 1/3rd, but convenience, well I would most likely order them as spares from whomever has them cheapest the next time I'm ordering something.

Various prices everywhere when you google, personally I have a few favorites, and OCUK is one of them.

Back
Top Bottom