Modding top panel in the Phantek Luxe

Soldato
Hi guys

Basically I have a radiator at the top and the top panel is very restrictive and temps drop 6c when I have it off so was wondering if there was a way to mod the top panel for better airflow?

Associate
Hi guys

Basically I have a radiator at the top and the top panel is very restrictive and temps drop 6c when I have it off so was wondering if there was a way to mod the top panel for better airflow?

I have the same case, and if that 6c drop is true, I am very interested to know too!
I imagine maybe dremelling parts out maybe?

Soldato
OP
Yeah i did something testing with benchmarks and BF1 with it on and off and its about 5c difference. Air just isn't passing through the top panel when its on. Dremel is one option i have also email chilled pc's see if they could do something.

Associate
Yeah i did something testing with benchmarks and BF1 with it on and off and its about 5c difference. Air just isn't passing through the top panel when its on. Dremel is one option i have also email chilled pc's see if they could do something.

If/When they reply let me know mate, wouldn't mind buying something if it offers a nice difference!

Associate
Use existing lid as a template for a new baffle. Maybe use perforated metal/plastic sheet. Loads of types/finishes options. Finish edges with rubber/pvc edge trim. You could maybe up the airflow via beefier fans, or do a push/pull if you have the room. Existing restriction, may be redirecting airflow back into the case via the voids between radiator and casing. If you can get air moving easier through the top of the case, block of the voids.

Associate
You could try removing the mesh from that top panel by bending the metal flaps and pulling out the plastic frame, and put back once the mesh has been pulled out. This did drop the idle temps 4-5 degrees for me.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom