Can any of you fine gentlemen scan my build before I pull the trigger?

Associate
Hi gents,

Ive been laptop gaming for the past 5-6 years and it's been about 10 years since I built my last machine so I'm very much out of the loop with regards components etc. Here is the build I'm close to pulling the trigger on:

My basket at Overclockers UK:

Total: £854.87
(includes shipping: £0.00)

The main thing I am needing advice about is the case. I like the look of these micro cases but I genuinely have no clue if what I'm buying would fit. Any suggestions here?

I'll be buying windows and I have mouse/screen already.

Thanks in advance!

Soldato
I'd go for a better PSU than what you spec'd. The builder series from Corsair is very low end.

As for the case - style and personal preference is very important. Go for something you really like the look of?

Do you want LEDs?
Do you subtle?
Do you want gaming style?
Do you want elegance?
Do you want bling?

Associate
OP
Cheers, hadn't considered heat management when looking at the micro cases. That was the kind of advice I was needing. Just opted for a larger case.

Switched around the PSU's so now I've got a EVGA G2. People seem to be saying good things about it.

Will leave the SSHD as it was getting dangerously close to 1K, keep the Mrs happy.

Cheers boys, will probably go ahead with the following build now.

Total: £924.90

Soldato

Total: £940.86

SSD included. Won't feel snappy without one. You'll likely be left wondering why a lot of things are still so slow with a modern CPU, 10 years on.

The top part of the RAM heatsink can be unscrewed if needed to fit with the cooler, but if you use slots 2 and 4 I don't think there'll be any need.

Even a good 450W PSU would be fine for this system.

Soldato
Back
Top Bottom