Which of these 1440ps should I go with?

Associate
Hey guys, need some help. I'm looking at getting a 1070 GTX next month and wanting to get my moneys worth and get a 1440p monitor with it. To be honest I've never looked into 1440ps so any advice is hugely appreciated.

Trying to keep it under £250. I've found 3 which would be suitable (Trying to avoid silver trim as I think it looks horrible)

My basket at Overclockers UK:

Total: £754.63
(includes shipping: £14.70)

Last edited:
Associate
for 1440p i would go 27" only. 24" on 1440p pixels would be way too small. I think 1440p for 27" is a sweet spot.
Talking about the TN and IPS - years ago purchased my firs IPS and don't want to go back to TN. I'm thinking about 144hz, and it's hard to find good 1440p , IPS, 144Hz.
I have old 27" 1440p DGM screen @75hz. It's a quality screen with minor IPS glow and BLB.
Might worth to invest bit more and buy a better screen, as these things aren't upgraded as often as the CPU/GPU does.

Associate
Associate
OP
for 1440p i would go 27" only. 24" on 1440p pixels would be way too small. I think 1440p for 27" is a sweet spot.
Talking about the TN and IPS - years ago purchased my firs IPS and don't want to go back to TN. I'm thinking about 144hz, and it's hard to find good 1440p , IPS, 144Hz.
I have old 27" 1440p DGM screen @75hz. It's a quality screen with minor IPS glow and BLB.
Might worth to invest bit more and buy a better screen, as these things aren't upgraded as often as the CPU/GPU does.

Cheers for the advice! I just had a quick look, even the cheapest IPS is above 300. Even the 250 is abit over what I intended to pay. If I'm looking straight on will the TN make that much of a difference?

Get G-Sync Monitor..no point getting a freesync monitor with a 1080

Whatcha mean?

Soldato
Ohhhh I see what he meant, thanks.
To be honest I didn't even look what sync it had lol. Not really bothered. I'm assuming it doesn't effect anything if I used freesync with nvidia? or will it cause a second big bang?

you can use a freesync monitor with an nvidia GPU, you just don't get the benefit of the sync tech, but nvidia now have fastsync so that is much less of a worry, if your budget is closer to 200 than 500

and the IPS vs TN debate is something you will only settle for yourself by trying for yourself, again if budget is your main concern you won't really be losing much by going with TN for gaming - if you get it setup and find that the image looks a bit washed out, you can try turning down the gamma in NVCP

Back
Top Bottom