Asus PG279Q vs MG279Q

Associate
Was shopping around for a new monitor and saw these two. I know that the biggest difference is Gsync vs Freesync but is everything else similar? Do they use the same panel, offer similar input lag etc?

The PG279Q is around £680 whereas the MG279Q is around £460. I'm most interested in the MG279Q as I already have an AMD GPU but was just curious if everything was essentially the same to the PG279Q minus 165Hz overclock and Gsync. Only thing that bugs me with the MG279Q is the lame Freesync range :(

Also last year I got a Acer XF270HU (144Hz, Freesync, IPS) shortly after it was released and found that in some games (especially FPS), there was more bluring on fast moving objects compared to my 144Hz TN. It's hard to explain, but the motion clarity just didn't seem as clear on moving objects. I was unable to change the overdrive on the monitor and found others had the same issue, which could have contributed to my issue. I sent the monitor back due to that and various other reasons and stuck with my 1080p/144Hz TN. Would this be primarily due to the IPS panel or the potentially broken overdrive?

Back
Top Bottom