The best QC'd "big" screen on the market?

Soldato
So... sending back my 3rd 30-32" monitor due to unacceptable back bleed issues. Previous two were VA panels with banding.

xRV2ADE.jpg
dmGvNHd.jpg

I'm getting desperate now chaps, and I'm out of vendors I feel I can trust to accept a return for this sort of reason. I miss S-PVA so much :(

What is the single best, most likely to be perfect, no quibbles if it isn't, large screen available?

Priorities:
1) Good colour reproduction. Bare minimum of 100% sRGB, prefer better.
2) Less smearing in games than my ancient Dell 2407
3) 30-32"

I'm starting to not care what it costs, and I'm reaching the point I'll stump up for the GPU hardware if it has to be 4k to get the build quality I want. At this point I would willingly pay an extra hundred quid to have OCUK hand pick a good screen! D:

Associate
So... sending back my 3rd 30-32" monitor due to unacceptable back bleed issues. Previous two were VA panels with banding.

xRV2ADE.jpg
dmGvNHd.jpg

I'm getting desperate now chaps, and I'm out of vendors I feel I can trust to accept a return for this sort of reason. I miss S-PVA so much :(

What is the single best, most likely to be perfect, no quibbles if it isn't, large screen available?

Priorities:
1) Good colour reproduction. Bare minimum of 100% sRGB, prefer better.
2) Less smearing in games than my ancient Dell 2407
3) 30-32"

I'm starting to not care what it costs, and I'm reaching the point I'll stump up for the GPU hardware if it has to be 4k to get the build quality I want. At this point I would willingly pay an extra hundred quid to have OCUK hand pick a good screen! D:

None.

Soldato
OP
Maybe the Dell UP3017Q .........;)

It's 4k and I'll need to find an addition £500 for a new GPU, but if it actually works out of the box without nonsense then I'll take it... ^^;

*edit* If I wasn't clear: I'll pay what-the-eff-ever for a monitor THAT WORKS AS ADVERTISED, no glow, no bleed, no dead pixels, no BS, just WORKS. Is there not a single manufacturer who boasts this? :(

Last edited:
Soldato
It's 4k and I'll need to find an addition £500 for a new GPU, but if it actually works out of the box without nonsense then I'll take it... ^^;

*edit* If I wasn't clear: I'll pay what-the-eff-ever for a monitor THAT WORKS AS ADVERTISED, no glow, no bleed, no dead pixels, no BS, just WORKS. Is there not a single manufacturer who boasts this? :(

Well that model certainly won't have glow or bleed, seeing as it lacks a backlight. And if you notice a dead pixel, you can send it back no questions asked under CCR. And Dell is of course excellent as far as customer services go outside that initial cooling off period. If money really is no object for your monitor purchase you might as well keep your eye on this one. :)

Soldato
OP
Ooo, I see this morning that that was the $5000 model. I know I said I'd pay a lot, but I do actually have a budget limit xD

*edit* although...

Last edited:
Associate
One thing to chime in:

Are you SURE you prefer more than 100% sRGB? Because for >95% cases (regular users), the exact 100% sRGB is actually the optimal scenario. When it goes over this, your whole workflow has to support it, otherwise the colors will be "wrong". As in, the colors will "pop" too much, especially the green. For example, regular green grass might look more like neon green, and so forth. Well, the difference might not be that noticeable, but you get the idea. And when I say whole workflow, it means monitor, GPU, software, printer.

So, unless you really KNOW you need more than 100% sRGB, then you most probably don't want to get that. In simple terms, above 100% sRGB is targeted for professionals, whose work includes photography, raw image editing, publishing, designing, etc. For regular users, it's more of a hindrance.

Well, might as well suggest a monitor(s) to look into:
Samsung C32F391FWU and S32F351FUU
- 32"
- VA panel, 1920x1080
- ~350€ (C) / ~300€ (S)

But beware:
- most people think 1920x1080 is too low for a 32" screen
- C-model is curved (and apparently quite a steep curve), so not good for multiple viewers

I was originally interested in these, but it turned out that the 32" models in the series don't support FreeSync, only the 24" and 27" models do. And that was the main reason I was drawn to this model line (in addition to the 32" size).

Soldato
OP
Yeah, I have to admit I agree that 1080p is no good at 32". I have 1200p now, I can't handle going up in size and down in resolution. QHD is actually very good, I think, but there just isn't a lot of choice :(

Also, I've had wide-gamut main screen for the past 8 years :) I use multiple screens to get a good idea of what my work also looks like on sRGB, and un-calibrated systems. sRGB is 'ok' really, but it's a shame that people miss out on the rich colours available with a wider gamut ^^

Back
Top Bottom