My new Acer x34 displayport signal loss

Soldato
It turns off and back on quickly?

I read a few others having the issue. Is this normal?

I don't have a GPU ATM waiting for my pre-ordered 1080, but I'm on intel graphics.

I've tried 3 different cables and it still does it. I also put refreash rate back to 60hz. and it's doing it again. I wonder if I should return monitor?

The same issue this guys having

Last edited:
Caporegime

I don't have a GPU ATM waiting for my pre-ordered 1080, but I'm on intel graphics.

I've tried 3 different cables and it still does it. I also put refreash rate back to 60hz. and it's doing it again. I wonder if I should return monitor?

Mine doesn't do that whilst just in the desktop (like that video). Surely best to wait until you try it with the Nvidia GPU though?

Soldato
I'd have a similar issue on my 32" 1080p TV via HDMI. I turned my clocks down 10Mhz on the GPU and it happened MUCH less frequently.

Soldato
OP
Used 3 different cables. Turned overclocking down it didn't matter. OC or 60hz it did the same thing. I called the place where I bought it from and their going to test it and send another, but now I'll have no monitor for a few days.

Associate

What cpu and motherboard are you using? I've currently got a 6700k on a gigabyte gaming 7 which I'm using the igpu with a Samsung t240 until I get a 1070 and a new monitor next month.

Funnily enough my screen does exactly the same thing. Now it only does it after I play a game or run heavy benchmarks during over clocking. It is also connected via HDMI. It doesn't do it if I turn on fresh and browse the web or light tasks. As soon as I do something taxing it begins.my cpu is at 4.7ghz at 1.340v.

I've tried upping the voltage and reducing the igpu clock but I can't seem to figure it out. It even does it on stock.

With that in mind, as I'm buying a new monitor soon and a new graphics card I'm just going to live with it.

As you have a similar issues it could be igpu related

Soldato
OP
What cpu and motherboard are you using? I've currently got a 6700k on a gigabyte gaming 7 which I'm using the igpu with a Samsung t240 until I get a 1070 and a new monitor next month.

Funnily enough my screen does exactly the same thing. Now it only does it after I play a game or run heavy benchmarks during over clocking. It is also connected via HDMI. It doesn't do it if I turn on fresh and browse the web or light tasks. As soon as I do something taxing it begins.my cpu is at 4.7ghz at 1.340v.

I've tried upping the voltage and reducing the igpu clock but I can't seem to figure it out. It even does it on stock.

With that in mind, as I'm buying a new monitor soon and a new graphics card I'm just going to live with it.

As you have a similar issues it could be igpu related

Funny enough I have a 6700k @4.5ghz with a Gigabyte Gaming 7 motherboard as well. With HDMI you can't overclock. It stays at 60hz. tbh mate your monitor should never lose signal weather it's HDMI or Display port. I read up on a hand full of others having the same issue. A few others I've talked to that own this monitor have said they don't have this issue at all. It seems theirs a small number of x34's that have this error. I want one that works. If the next one does the same I'll be going for a different ultra wide all together. Maybe the Asus model instead. I'll have to wait for them to send me another and go from there.

Associate
Funny enough I have a 6700k @4.5ghz with a Gigabyte Gaming 7 motherboard as well. With HDMI you can't overclock. It stays at 60hz. tbh mate your monitor should never lose signal weather it's HDMI or Display port. I read up on a hand full of others having the same issue. A few others I've talked to that own this monitor have said they don't have this issue at all. It seems theirs a small number of x34's that have this error. I want one that works. If the next one does the same I'll be going for a different ultra wide all together. Maybe the Asus model instead. I'll have to wait for them to send me another and go from there.

Is a bit of a coincidence that we both have the same cpu, motherboard and are using the igpu as well

Soldato
OP
Is anyone else having signal loss flicker with on board graphics with the Acer X34a? The place I bought the Acer X34a are saying my Skylake 6700k isn't powerful enough to drive the Acer x34 a 3440x1440p Ultra-Wide 60hz. Is this correct? On the specs for the CPU and my gigabyte z170 gaming 7 mobo it supports rez up to 4k even 5k?

Associate
My new dell arrived mate. No longer getting the flickering I had on my Samsung monitor.

It's running at 1440p through DP and the intergrated graphics runs it fine. Definitely wasn't the GPU so in my case must have been the monitor

Soldato
OP
My new dell arrived mate. No longer getting the flickering I had on my Samsung monitor.

It's running at 1440p through DP and the intergrated graphics runs it fine. Definitely wasn't the GPU so in my case must have been the monitor

They tested it and said it doesn't flicker signal loss for them? It's not my end. I had a Asus Swift G-Sync 1440p and it ran fine. They said Ultra-Wide 3440x1440p wouldn't work right with Skylake 6700k with on board graphics? I think there full of it. 6770k would work just fine at that rez. The monitor is faulty. No monitor should loss signal and flicker like that.

Back
Top Bottom